Windows 10: Ethernet Cable Isn't working

Discus and support Ethernet Cable Isn't working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a brand new PC that I've been using fora couple weeks now and this is the first issue I'm having with it. This afternoon everything was fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MinecraftOverwatch, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Ethernet Cable Isn't working

I have a brand new PC that I've been using fora couple weeks now and this is the first issue I'm having with it. This afternoon everything was fine, but after coming home from work 30 minutes ago my computer acts like my ethernet cable isn't even plugged in. The wifi works on all my other devices so it can't be the modem. I tried another ethernet cable and it says the same thing so it probably isn't the cable. I tried all the basic troubleshooting shit you see online but nothing worked.

Also, when I click on "Show available networks" so that I can just play games off of wifi in the mean time... nothing happens. I assume this is what I'm supposed to use to connect to my wifi but, I'm new so maybe it's not. Help Please!

submitted by /u/MinecraftOverwatch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MinecraftOverwatch, Aug 11, 2020

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Jakub578 Win User

Ethernet Cable Isn't working

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Cable Isn't working

1. Ethernet Cable Isn't working - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable Isn't

2. Ethernet Cable Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Not Working: My ethernet cable is not working even when plugged in. It works fine with other laptops but not with mine. I'm fairly sure this has something to do with something installed or some software related issue. Because my ethernet worked but static when I uninstalled all my network...
  3. Ethernet Cable Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Not Working: My ethernet cable is not working even when plugged in. It works fine with other laptops but not with mine. I'm fairly sure this has something to do with something installed or some software related issue. Because my ethernet worked but static when I uninstalled all my network...
  4. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  5. Ethernet cable not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable not working properly: So i have one ethernet cable which only transmits like 10Mb/s, which can connect to my pc. I tried changing it but neither my old ethernet cables which support more than 10MB/s nor a new one i bought are being recognized by my pc. They do connect to my Laptop though so it's...
  6. Ethernet cable not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable not working properly: So i have one ethernet cable which only transmits like 10Mb/s, which can connect to my pc. I tried changing it but neither my old ethernet cables which support more than 10MB/s nor a new one i bought are being recognized by my pc. They do connect to my Laptop though so it's...
  7. Ethernet cable not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...: What Im trying to do: PC on wifi. TV on ethernet the simple act of plugging in an ethernet cable disables my wifi, regardless of where it goes. On top of that, the cable has a solid or blinking amber link light when connected to my tv, meanwhile network and sharing says it's...
  9. Ethernet cable not working?

Ethernet cable not working?: So I recently got an Ethernet cable for my laptop so I could get more direct wifi. I plugged it in, thinking it was a plug and play, but nothing happened. It says that there is no cable connected and as far as I am aware the socket in the wall is connected to the wifi. And it...
  10. Ethernet cable not working.

Ethernet cable not working.: I've been trying for hours now to fix my Ethernet cable with no success. Ever since I had a power cut yesterday in the WiFi options it has displayed my Ethernet as "Unidentified network" and has granted me no internet access. I've troubleshooted the problem and it said...