Windows 10: Ethernet cable randomly not being detected

Discus and support Ethernet cable randomly not being detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I been having this issue for a while now on my new PC, it keeps saying it doesnt detect it but the light in the back flickers and when i look at my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SimonBooth1, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Ethernet cable randomly not being detected

I been having this issue for a while now on my new PC, it keeps saying it doesnt detect it but the light in the back flickers and when i look at my device manager its there on the list with an ! on it. I have googled and uninstalled driver did a hard reboot, and even turned on and off the router but it keeps doing it. I do manage to get it to connect but its just a pain im having to do this time and time again to just make it connect to the net.

:)

SimonBooth1, Jan 12, 2022

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Ethernet cable randomly not being detected

Unable to detect Ethernet cable

All of a sudden my Windows 7 computer cannot detect my ethernet cable. I’ve checked the cable, switched cables, changed router ports and nothing has worked. I need real help here. I’m trying to switch to a new Windows 10 computer and need to access One
    Drive.

Crikiribay, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Ethernet cable randomly not being detected

1. Ethernet cable randomly not being detected - Similar Threads - Ethernet cable randomly

2. How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on laptop: How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on my laptop windows 10the cable is working well and I tested it on another device. I tried updating my drivers and all up to date and still ethernet cable not working on laptop....
  3. How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on laptop: How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on my laptop windows 10the cable is working well and I tested it on another device. I tried updating my drivers and all up to date and still ethernet cable not working on laptop....
  4. How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to fix ethernet cable not being detected on laptop

7. Ethernet cable randomly not being detected

Ethernet cable randomly not being detected: I been having this issue for a while now on my new PC, it keeps saying it doesnt detect it but the light in the back flickers and when i look at my device manager its there on the list with an ! on it. I have googled and uninstalled driver did a hard reboot, and even turned...
  8. Ethernet cable not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable not being detected: I been having this issue for a while now on my new PC, it keeps saying it doesnt detect it but the light in the back flickers and when i look at my device manager its there on the list with an ! on it. I have googled and uninstalled driver and even rebooted the router but it...
  9. Ethernet cable not being detected

Ethernet cable not being detected: I been having this issue for a while now on my new PC, it keeps saying it doesnt detect it but the light in the back flickers and when i look at my device manager its there on the list with an ! on it. I have googled and uninstalled driver and even rebooted the router but it...
  10. My ethernet cable is not being detected?

My ethernet cable is not being detected?: It was working just fine until I got a Kernel_something BSOD, then the Pc started normally and I could not connect to internet anymore, it says that the Ethernet cable is disconnected even though it's connected. I tried resetting network but it did nothing. Here is the...