Windows 10: Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information.

Discus and support Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is no longer supported a couple of days ago. It was running slowly so I edited my computer to lower graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by piuy373, Jan 26, 2020.

1. piuy373 Win User

Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information.

I updated to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is no longer supported a couple of days ago. It was running slowly so I edited my computer to lower graphics but higher performance. When I restarted my computer for the changes to happen the Internet connection wasn't working. I checked in the task manager to see if the Ethernet and it did so I went into the Device Manager to see if it was enabled and it was. I restarted the router and computer several times. I bought another Ethernet Cable to see if that was the problem. With the new Ethernet Cable and restarting the router and computer a couple of times and nothing worked. I also did a Network Reset several times. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

:)

piuy373, Jan 26, 2020
  2. mypg0306 Win User

Your cable managment

I suggest that you should shows the cable management on the other side too.

mypg0306, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Your cable managment

Why, no one cares about that side.

MxPhenom 216, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information.

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information. - Similar Threads - Ethernet cable showing

2. Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?: I have tried a bunch of things like,Restarting my computerDownloading a driver more on that belowTroubleshootingEnabling Wi-Fi in "View Internet Connections"Going through Device Managerand probably more that I forgot about.My computer is a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx with a...
  3. Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?: I have tried a bunch of things like,Restarting my computerDownloading a driver more on that belowTroubleshootingEnabling Wi-Fi in "View Internet Connections"Going through Device Managerand probably more that I forgot about.My computer is a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx with a...
  4. 0 Kbps send/received ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0 Kbps send/received ethernet: so quiet for a while this has been going on and i couldnt find any solutions on how to , every day i try to play a game my ping would tend to spike a lot. like out of the blue it could be perfectly fine then it would just spiking like crazy, and i dont know what to do , i...
  5. 0 Kbps send/received ethernet

0 Kbps send/received ethernet: so quiet for a while this has been going on and i couldnt find any solutions on how to , every day i try to play a game my ping would tend to spike a lot. like out of the blue it could be perfectly fine then it would just spiking like crazy, and i dont know what to do , i...
  6. 0 Kbps send/received ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  8. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  9. 0 Kbps Send/Received ethernet

0 Kbps Send/Received ethernet: My Ethernet has been like this for quite a while and I don't know how to fix it. Whenever I am on my browser to search something up or to watch a video my internet does it without any problems but when I try to play any games it shows that I do not have any connection to the...
  10. Ethernet Graph in Task Manager Shows CONSTANT Download

Ethernet Graph in Task Manager Shows CONSTANT Download: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, the Ethernet graph in my Task Manager shows a near-constant download, averaging roughly 2 mbps, with no other ethernet activity on the machine. Browser and other network activity is shown as added to this baseline. I don't know whether...