Windows 10: Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information.

Discus and support Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is no longer supported a couple of days ago. It was running slowly so I edited my computer to lower graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by piuy373, Jan 26, 2020.

1. piuy373 Win User

Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information.

I updated to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is no longer supported a couple of days ago. It was running slowly so I edited my computer to lower graphics but higher performance. When I restarted my computer for the changes to happen the Internet connection wasn't working. I checked in the task manager to see if the Ethernet and it did so I went into the Device Manager to see if it was enabled and it was. I restarted the router and computer several times. I bought another Ethernet Cable to see if that was the problem. With the new Ethernet Cable and restarting the router and computer a couple of times and nothing worked. I also did a Network Reset several times. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

:)

piuy373, Jan 26, 2020
  2. mypg0306 Win User

Your cable managment

I suggest that you should shows the cable management on the other side too.

mypg0306, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Your cable managment

Why, no one cares about that side.

MxPhenom 216, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information.

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet cable showing up on Task Manager however it is not sending nor receiving information. - Similar Threads - Ethernet cable showing

2. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  3. Network adapter not showing up in task manager.

Network adapter not showing up in task manager.: I was trying to setup a mobile hotspot and it wasn't working so I uninstalled the device from task manager and was hoping to just scan for hardware changes it be there and I reinstall drivers but it's completely gone and I can't find it tried installing drivers restarting pc...
  4. Task Manager Ethernet no graph(no activity)

Task Manager Ethernet no graph(no activity): A while ago after I installed the OS it is working but after a few days, its not working anymore. There is no graph even though it appears on resource monitor(see attached file for reference.)[ATTACH]...
  5. GPU not showing up in Task Manager (WDDM 2.2)

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU not showing up in Task Manager (WDDM 2.2): It's exactly as the subject says. I've done the whole running dxdiag.exe and checking the WDDM (which is 2.2), and right-clicking on the name-sorting-thing in the task manager to see if GPU is simply unchecked, but it's not even there. It's a Radeon RX 480 and an AMD CPU if...
  6. Ethernet Graph in Task Manager Shows CONSTANT Download

Ethernet Graph in Task Manager Shows CONSTANT Download: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, the Ethernet graph in my Task Manager shows a near-constant download, averaging roughly 2 mbps, with no other ethernet activity on the machine. Browser and other network activity is shown as added to this baseline. I don't know whether...
  7. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  8. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  9. Weird Task Manager ethernet speed

Weird Task Manager ethernet speed: Hi there guys.. I noticed something new to me, never saw it before even if I always keep Task Manager open in background to monitor stats.. I have a 7 MB ADSL and usually on Task Manager I see something like that [img] as you can see the max speed is 7.7 Mbps and...
  10. Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra "Disk/Ethernet" in Task Manager: Hey guys, so i have a extra Disk and Ethernet tab in my Task Manager always at 0, i was wondering how it might have appeared there and how i might be able to remove it, it wasn't on my task manager until recently. Thank you. Imgur Disk Management: Imgur 100372