Windows 10: Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

Discus and support Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet connection was playing up, so after lots of attempts to fix it, I bought a new network card as my onboard one had a capped speed anyway.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Freddie136, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

My internet connection was playing up, so after lots of attempts to fix it, I bought a new network card as my onboard one had a capped speed anyway.

Now I've having the issue that every time I shut down my PC, the next boot freezes at the BIOS screen (before the W10 loading wheel). If I force my PC to reboot by the button, it'll boot up but I have no internet (PC suggests the network cable is unplugged).

The only solution is for me to shutdown and reconnect the network card to the board, which instantly boots the PC with working internet. The next time I shutdown rather than sleep the PC, the same problem repeats itself and I'm back to a frozen BIOS screen Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working :(

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

:)

Freddie136, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Artas1984 Win User

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Dec 6, 2018
  3. trt740 Win User
    ethernet adapter stopped working?

I don't really think it is functioning unless when it is lit that means it is there is a cable detection program in the bios and it isn't working right so owell bought a 12.00 gigabit ethernet card from the egg. I will rma it in a year or so if I get a new board. So I can sell it without any flaws and who knows maybe it will majically start working again.

trt740, Dec 6, 2018
  4. SonDa5 Win User

Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

HD 4770 stopped working!

If they are the same identical cards and they were made during the same time frame then there is a strong possibility they share the same bios.

The reason why I suggested force flashing it is because there is a possibility that the BIOS that was on it is corrupt and that is why the card(device) will not work right.

By forced flashing a card with a "corrupt" BIOS with a working BIOS the card may come back to life if that is BIOS is the problem.

The BIOS(software) could have went bad due to an electrical problem and the rest of the hardware may still be good.

Kind of like when over clocking and the irregular voltage being supplied to the CPU effects the OS and causes a computer to crash. A crash is usually fixed by reformating the hdd/ssd/storage where the OS is at.

SonDa5, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

1. Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working - Similar Threads - Ethernet card causes

2. PCI Express card stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Express card stops working: I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted. Now I can no longer see...
  3. ethernet card update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet card update: can I update my laptop with a new gigabyte Ethernet Adapter. The old card transmit at 100/100. I need a faster adapter for my dell win 10 laptop. What are the problems associated with this update?...
  4. Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!: I had issue with my USB Via 3.0 not working so I upgraded the bios to the latest version which has fixed the problem... ( Windows was activated but now I am now having a problem with activation.......... Error code: 0xC004C003 What can I do? 12329
  5. Ethernet stopped working?

Ethernet stopped working?: My ethernet cord that I have been using for a couple of months just stopped working today. I don't know how to fix it. The outlet in both my computer and the wall usually lights up when its plugged in but neither of them are so I don't know what the problem is 70345
  6. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly: Hi I’ma first timer I amrunning 3 windows ten machines 1:Desktop PC ONE A: Windows 10 pro B: Version 11511 C: OS Build 10586.318 D: Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA763 E: Processor AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 2.80 GHz F: Ram 4 GB (3.75 GB usable)...
  7. Broadcom NetLink Ethernet card working intermittently.

Broadcom NetLink Ethernet card working intermittently.: Hi everyone, First off, I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their time and help with this issue. I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my desktop. I've run into a problem with my "Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet" card, basically the issue is that the internet...
  8. Wall socket ethernet connection stopped working

Wall socket ethernet connection stopped working: when I installed another one to a PC downstairs. We've only just noticed, as we have wireless as well, but my wife said her connection was slow; checked it and the ethernet connection had gone. Unplugged it at both ends and plugged them back in but no go. Downstairs...
  9. Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS: Hi everyone Today my keyboard stopped working, there was a usb error message pop up but i didn't realise what it was about, then then my k70 corsair keyboard stopped working, i tried restarting and doing an sfc scan but nothing changed, then i started looking into device...
  10. Ethernet Not Working

Ethernet Not Working: Hi there! I have no experience at all with computers/connection issues, so apologies for my poor use of terminology. I live in the Bay Area and I have xfinity/Comcast. Around a week ago, I stopped being able to connect to Ethernet. After troubleshooting, I found that...