Windows 10: Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

Discus and support Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet connection was playing up, so after lots of attempts to fix it, I bought a new network card as my onboard one had a capped speed anyway.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Freddie136, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

My internet connection was playing up, so after lots of attempts to fix it, I bought a new network card as my onboard one had a capped speed anyway.

Now I've having the issue that every time I shut down my PC, the next boot freezes at the BIOS screen (before the W10 loading wheel). If I force my PC to reboot by the button, it'll boot up but I have no internet (PC suggests the network cable is unplugged).

The only solution is for me to shutdown and reconnect the network card to the board, which instantly boots the PC with working internet. The next time I shutdown rather than sleep the PC, the same problem repeats itself and I'm back to a frozen BIOS screen Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working :(

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

:)

Freddie136, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Artas1984 Win User

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Dec 6, 2018
  3. trt740 Win User
    ethernet adapter stopped working?

I don't really think it is functioning unless when it is lit that means it is there is a cable detection program in the bios and it isn't working right so owell bought a 12.00 gigabit ethernet card from the egg. I will rma it in a year or so if I get a new board. So I can sell it without any flaws and who knows maybe it will majically start working again.

trt740, Dec 6, 2018
  4. SonDa5 Win User

Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

HD 4770 stopped working!

If they are the same identical cards and they were made during the same time frame then there is a strong possibility they share the same bios.

The reason why I suggested force flashing it is because there is a possibility that the BIOS that was on it is corrupt and that is why the card(device) will not work right.

By forced flashing a card with a "corrupt" BIOS with a working BIOS the card may come back to life if that is BIOS is the problem.

The BIOS(software) could have went bad due to an electrical problem and the rest of the hardware may still be good.

Kind of like when over clocking and the irregular voltage being supplied to the CPU effects the OS and causes a computer to crash. A crash is usually fixed by reformating the hdd/ssd/storage where the OS is at.

SonDa5, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working

1. Ethernet card causes BIOS crash and then stops working - Similar Threads - Ethernet card causes

2. Question Games crash, black screen, graphics card stops working. What is causing this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Games crash, black screen, graphics card stops working. What is causing this issue?: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200mhz D.O.C.P enabled, set at 2666mhz as it is stable with my cpuMotherboard: PRIME B350-PLUSGPU: MSI RX470 Armor 4GB OCPSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 80+ Gold, Model:L11-500wStorage:Sandisk Plus 120gb my old old boot...
  3. Question Games crash, black screen, graphics card stops working. What is causing this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Games crash, black screen, graphics card stops working. What is causing this issue?: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200mhz D.O.C.P enabled, set at 2666mhz as it is stable with my cpuMotherboard: PRIME B350-PLUSGPU: MSI RX470 Armor 4GB OCPSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 80+ Gold, Model:L11-500wStorage:Sandisk Plus 120gb my old old boot...
  4. Question Games crash, black screen, graphics card stops working. What is causing this issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 auto update caused ethernet to stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 auto update caused ethernet to stop working: hello i have an acer aspire v3 - 571gwhen i noticed that my ethernet is no longer working i tried every solution i could find on the internet, including : installed 5 versions of my ethernet driver old and new and none of them worked, deleted the network file in registry...
  6. Windows 10 auto update caused ethernet to stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 auto update caused ethernet to stop working: hello i have an acer aspire v3 - 571gwhen i noticed that my ethernet is no longer working i tried every solution i could find on the internet, including : installed 5 versions of my ethernet driver old and new and none of them worked, deleted the network file in registry...
  7. Windows 10 auto update caused ethernet to stop working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet Stops Working

Ethernet Stops Working: Hello. Sometimes when i'm using my PC my Ethernet just stops working. But just randomly, it stops working a few minutes after i started Origin wich is not good sinc i cant play my Origin Games then. I dont know why this keeps happening. Pls give me a solutuion if you have...
  9. Ethernet stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet stopped working: I have insider build 20236 and since update my ethernet has stopped working. I have diagnosed my network controller and reset the network several times. It also crashes a lot with the following, Driver irql not less or equal, tcpip tcpip.sys. Gigabyte MB. exact build 20236rs...
  10. Ethernet stopped working?

Ethernet stopped working?: My ethernet cord that I have been using for a couple of months just stopped working today. I don't know how to fix it. The outlet in both my computer and the wall usually lights up when its plugged in but neither of them are so I don't know what the problem is 70345