Windows 10: Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

Discus and support Ethernet connected but no access to internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorOdom, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not have wifi on my computer it was custom built. When I go to ethernet status for the network I can see that it is sending and receiving information but it also says no internet access. I've tried doing all the commands like ipconfig /renew and I even reset my network settings. What I don't understand is how it can see the network and be connected but can't have access to the internet. If anyone has run into this problem before or knows how to fix it your help would be fantastic. I'm not the best with this type of computer stuff so if you could explain it in an easier way that would be great. Thank You!

:)

ConnorOdom, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Henry60AR Win User

Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Thanks Vijay. I went through your steps other than the repair upgrade, and there was no change. Before I do the repair upgrade, I want to check on another angle.

I went into Networks and Sharing and realized that Windows is simply not recognizing my Verizon modem/router as the Ethernet connection. The slow internet access is due to the fact that the desktop is picking up the WiFi signal, and it's not strong on this
    device.

For Ethernet, I get an "Unidentified Network" and when I click on Ethernet Status, the IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity lists "no network access". Looking at the Ethernet properties, the "Connect Using" lists Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Shouldn't it
    be the Verizon modem name? Also noticed that the Microsoft Network Adaptor Multiplexor Protocol is unchecked. Not sure if that matters.

I think what I need to do is somehow configure the Verizon modem again, but not sure how.

Henry60AR, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Jan 31, 2020
  4. WBBarnett Win User

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

"No Internet Access" on Ethernet and Wireless - Windows 10

Steps taken to resolve:

• Downloaded from Realtek and installed Windows 10 driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family device
    • reset winsock and ip4 and ip6.
    • reset DNS cache
    • forced media connection by changing ip4 to fixed ip address, gateway, and dns server. Able to ping other devices on network - including gateway, but could not connect to internet. Diagnose unable to find issue with connection.
      • "ipconfig /release" message is "no operation can be performed on (adapter name) while it has its media disconnected."
    • when using DHCP, do not receive response from default gateway, so ipconfig has strange addresses. Diagnose returns:
      • "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    • all other computers on network able to use DHCP for addresses.

trudging through topics on tech forum(s) to find other solutions. Need suggestions on resolution.

WBBarnett, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

1. Ethernet connected but no access to internet. - Similar Threads - Ethernet connected access

2. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  3. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  4. Ethernet not connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not connecting to the internet.: I connect to the internet via an ethernet connection through electric powerline modules. It has been running great until a couple of days ago. My computer says that I'm connected with internet access until I run a diagnostic. It says that the connection between your access...
  5. Ethernet connected but no internet

Ethernet connected but no internet: Ethernet connected but no internet, my motherboard does not support wifi z170a. I have tried ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew I've tried rebooting and doing netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset I've...
  6. No Internet Access Ethernet

No Internet Access Ethernet: Recently, my PC has started to not receive any internet connection even with the ethernet plugged into the PC's port and both the PC and the Routers ports both lit up. My PC detects that the ethernet is plugged in yet I am receiving no connection. When I go into my ethernet's...
  7. Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet: Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet. Only internetworking with Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-with-internet-access-but-not/bc75b240-1beb-403e-bd87-171980cdb14b
  8. Ethernet not accessing internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not accessing internet?: Hello all, I recently decided to commit to the ways of the Ethernet and it hasn’t gone exactly as I had hoped. I got a 100ft cat 6 cable that recognizes its connected to my router, but isn’t able to load any websites and says, “no internet access”. I tested the cable my...
  9. Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection

Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection: We've had at least 5 laptops of varying model types running Windows 10 Pro 1903 experience an issue with network connectivity. This seems to be regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet network connection. In the case of a Wi-Fi connection, the taskbar icon displays 'Connected, No...
  10. Connect to a ethernet device without internet access

Connect to a ethernet device without internet access: Windows 10. I need to connect to devices with a ethernet connection ( wired or wi-fi) but without internet access on either side. Presently, it shows the connection, with a comment NO INTERNET... when I try to log in with a browser it will not recognize the connection....