Windows 10: Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

Discus and support Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet. Only internetworking with Wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jijithkumar, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet. Only internetworking with Wifi

:)

jijithkumar, Jun 22, 2020
  2. AndrewCar Win User

No internet after connecting Home AV system Ethernet cable

Dell XPS8900 Desktop System works fine, then I connect the Ethernet from the PC to the new Home HiFi AV system (via Sonos S-Connect) After that I get no access to the internet. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable (and reboot?) I get internet again. If I
    connect the Ethernet cable after first establishing access to the internet, I get internet AND control of the Home HiFi AV system until the PC goes to sleep or is turned off, then no internet again. Any suggestions please. Regards

AndrewCar, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Henry60AR Win User

Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Thanks Vijay. I went through your steps other than the repair upgrade, and there was no change. Before I do the repair upgrade, I want to check on another angle.

I went into Networks and Sharing and realized that Windows is simply not recognizing my Verizon modem/router as the Ethernet connection. The slow internet access is due to the fact that the desktop is picking up the WiFi signal, and it's not strong on this
    device.

For Ethernet, I get an "Unidentified Network" and when I click on Ethernet Status, the IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity lists "no network access". Looking at the Ethernet properties, the "Connect Using" lists Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Shouldn't it
    be the Verizon modem name? Also noticed that the Microsoft Network Adaptor Multiplexor Protocol is unchecked. Not sure if that matters.

I think what I need to do is somehow configure the Verizon modem again, but not sure how.

Henry60AR, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

1. Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet - Similar Threads - Ethernet connected Internet

2. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  3. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  4. Ethernet not connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not connecting to the internet.: I connect to the internet via an ethernet connection through electric powerline modules. It has been running great until a couple of days ago. My computer says that I'm connected with internet access until I run a diagnostic. It says that the connection between your access...
  5. no internet access but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no internet access but connected to the internet: [ATTACH] Why does not have access to the Internet! But I can explore and search! And I have access to all sites and pages! No Intenet Access!!! submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  6. Ethernet connected but no internet

Ethernet connected but no internet: Ethernet connected but no internet, my motherboard does not support wifi z170a. I have tried ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew I've tried rebooting and doing netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset I've...
  7. No Internet Access Ethernet

No Internet Access Ethernet: Recently, my PC has started to not receive any internet connection even with the ethernet plugged into the PC's port and both the PC and the Routers ports both lit up. My PC detects that the ethernet is plugged in yet I am receiving no connection. When I go into my ethernet's...
  8. Ethernet not accessing internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not accessing internet?: Hello all, I recently decided to commit to the ways of the Ethernet and it hasn’t gone exactly as I had hoped. I got a 100ft cat 6 cable that recognizes its connected to my router, but isn’t able to load any websites and says, “no internet access”. I tested the cable my...
  9. Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.: I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not have wifi on my computer it was custom built. When I go to ethernet status for the network I can see that it is sending and...
  10. Connect to a ethernet device without internet access

Connect to a ethernet device without internet access: Windows 10. I need to connect to devices with a ethernet connection ( wired or wi-fi) but without internet access on either side. Presently, it shows the connection, with a comment NO INTERNET... when I try to log in with a browser it will not recognize the connection....