Windows 10: Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Discus and support Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaylorGreen1, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Hello,

I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and everything worked okay.

When I go to my network adapters on my control panel, there is no option for a LAN and/or ethernet connection, so I am assuming that's why when I try to plug the ethernet cable nothing happens. I have Windows 10 and I have been reading that with Windows 10, connecting to ethernet is not an option after the updates.

I am not really sure what to do or how to solve this problem, I have tried a number of things but with no success. I am just wondering how to get the LAN or ethernet adapter back as an option under network adapters. I have never had to connect to ethernet before, but with my new job, I have to use the cable.

I have a Lenovo 80Y7. If anyone has had any experience with this problem please let me know what you did.

:)

TaylorGreen1, Feb 23, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Feb 23, 2019
  3. JBG123 Win User
    Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Well Ethernet isn't an option atm, and powerline networking depends on the wires you already have in the house (which will be very old) have any suggestions on top notch wireless network adapters?

JBG123, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

1. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connection Network

2. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  3. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  4. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New Ethernet Adapter not connecting

New Ethernet Adapter not connecting: [img] The new Ethernet Adapter --Greatangle Multiple USB-C USB 3.1 Type C to USB RJ45 Ethernet Lan Adapter -- which arrived yesterday via EBAY after many weeks, is not working. Before I enter into the return / replace / refund procedures I would like to have confirmation...
  6. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection: Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart the computer with Ethernet plugged in. Running on the latest driver. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks....
  7. Ethernet network adapter missing

Ethernet network adapter missing: My ethernet network adapter suddenly went missing. I have tried many methods and it still wont work. I cannot uninstall it as it is not even there and i already tried uninstalling previous updates the update was 1 month ago and it still wont work I always had this problem...
  8. Ethernet network connection

Ethernet network connection: I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying can't get access, check antivirus programme....
  9. Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.: Hey! I am struggling to figure out how to make the following work. I am using an ethernet adapter to connect my Windows 10 pc to the Internet. However, I also have a WIFI network at home that contains, e.g., a printer and an audio device, that I would like to access...
  10. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...