Windows 10: Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing

Discus and support Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I hover on the network icon in my notification area, I get the message "POOVENDHAN Internet access" but when I click on the network icon it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PoovendhanE, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing

When I hover on the network icon in my notification area, I get the message "POOVENDHAN Internet access" but when I click on the network icon it is showing "Local Area Connection 2 No Internet", why my Ethernet name "POOVENDHAN" not getting displayed in the list even though the Laptop is connected to it and I am able to use the Internet? how to fix it? Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing 3caa1826-0681-45d3-a290-43ad11b07578?upload=true.png

Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing b0719d22-7bb1-4cbb-ab23-a38cf5aca1f5?upload=true.png

:)

PoovendhanE, Apr 25, 2020
  2. FECH Win User

Ethernet Connection, Modem Router Name

I have Windows 10 computers. Upon connecting wired Ethernet I noticed that it is showing OLD modem name. Upon connecting wirelessly (WiFi) I noticed that it is showing CURRENT modem name. My question is: How do I get my computers to show the current name
    whether it be Ethernet or WiFi? So strange, I have looked everywhere I know to look. Even asked my internet provider and also Windows tech. Would appreciate any steps walking through Windows 10 Creators Update Version 1703. Is something in error that is
    prohibiting me from being able to access. Network Discovery is on. Private Network is showing. Thanks in advance.

3. Ethernet shows wrong router name

When I connect to ethernet it shows my school wifi name instead of my home wifi. It is connected to my home wifi but it just shows the wrong name.

TigerFace3, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing

Ethernet Connection not the correct name!

I have an ethernet connection on my computer that is suppose to show my router name as if i was using wifi. (For example, If my wifi name was "Joe's Network" and if I connected via ethernet it would show that name) But instead it shows "Network" as the name!
    It's giving me serious troubles for Nvidia Shield tablets to recognise my computer is on the same wifi. Can someone help me know what's happening and if there is a fix?

This Photo is showing the issue. It is showing the name is "Network" instead of the real connection name.

Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing 3f993af0-8f73-4a0e-b400-828f970b60df.png

Jovani Trejo, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing

1. Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connection Display

2. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  3. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  4. Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor: Hi All, Here's the topology. End user is authenticated via clearpass and routed through Checkpoint which performs L3 Routing and DHCP replay. AD is configured with DNS name "abc.com.sg" and DNS Server ip 5.5.5.5.When user gets authenticated, and connected to Lan, the ethernet...
  5. network connections only showing ethernet

network connections only showing ethernet: hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect to wi-fi. when i checked device manager, the wi-fi adapter was hidden and its status was not connected. i tried updating the...
  6. Name on my Ethernet Connection

Name on my Ethernet Connection: Under Network Connections, this is is what it says on my ethernet connection: Ethernet 118Vit24 Realtek PCle BGE Family Controller I understand how to change the name. Change "Ethernet" to anything I want. However, where did it get the 118Vit24? That is the name of...
  7. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  8. Change name of Ethernet connection

Change name of Ethernet connection: How do I change the Name of my Ethernet Connection? Currently it has the same name as my WiFi 2.4Ghz connection ( have a dual band router so I also have a 5Ghz connection). [img] I know how to rename my Local Area Connection: netsh interface set interface name="Local...
  9. Ethernet shows wrong router name

Ethernet shows wrong router name: When I connect to ethernet it shows my school wifi name instead of my home wifi. It is connected to my home wifi but it just shows the wrong name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-shows-wrong-router-name/2fbd8411-aa7c-4c51-b24c-5f20858399f8
  10. Ethernet showing but not connected.

Ethernet showing but not connected.: I have not connected to ethernet but still it is showing connected with no name and due to this I cannot start a wifi hotspot on my laptop.[IMG]...