Windows 10: Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem

Discus and support Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a very strange problem where randomly, perhaps once a day, my web browsers and email will fail to retrieve data from the net, yet other minor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan J Nielsen, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem

I have a very strange problem where randomly, perhaps once a day, my web browsers and email will fail to retrieve data from the net, yet other minor services e.g. Telegram messenger continues to be connected. Windows 10 network settings shows the connection to be working and can't troubleshoot because it finds no problem, whilst IPCONFIG commands report 'media disconnected'. I am only able to resolve the problem by rebooting the computer. The router is still connected to the Internet fine, as WiFi continues to work.

My setup is:

- Windows 10 PC

- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

- Connected to router via Powerline

Steps tried:

- Updated Realtek driver = Fixes nothing

- Reset Powerline adapters as I said, there has to be some kind of connection, as certain programs remain connected = Fixes nothing

- Enable and disable all network drivers = Fixes nothing

- Troubleshoot network connection = reports "no issues"

- IPCONFIG = "media disconnected"

- Connect to router dashboard = Doesn't connect

It's as if just my browsers and email client lose their use of the network connection, whilst Windows 10 itself thinks it's still connected, but IPCONFIG thinks it isn't. Like parts of the system think they're connected and other parts think they're disconnected. This happens perhaps once a day at a random time, and can only be solved by rebooting. Then everything is fine again but given that it takes 15 minutes to reboot my computer, it can seriously disrupt my workflow.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

Dan

:)

Dan J Nielsen, Jul 1, 2020
  2. shellz187 Win User

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home

My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem
    Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every 30 seconds sometimes a little sooner or a little later

( I have TWC or Spectrum now lol ) When it's on wireless wifi my internet is fine

I think the problem lies in the Properties of (TCP/IPv4) or (TCP/IPv6 )
    and has something to do with DNS or DHCP but I am not sure

I tried unplugging all the cables and restarting the modem and computer this doesn't work neither did the trouble shooting, my Windows 8.1 laptop does not give me this problem

I already did the netsh wlan show wlanreport in command, also I tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew in the command window but still the same problem after restarting

If you have any idea how to fix this send me an email I can also call you it would be greatly appreciated!

Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem [​IMG]

shellz187, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem

Wifi contantly dropping out

Hi,

We appreciate the detailed information that you have provided. Since you were able to verify that other devices are not experiencing the same issue, we'll need to elaborate the issue further. Kindly answer the questions listed below:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?
    • Is this the
      article
      that you visited for troubleshooting steps?
    • When your connection is dropping out have you checked the status of your network connection? If so, is it changing when the connection drops?

For initial troubleshooting, we recommend that you connect your laptop to your router using your Ethernet cable. This is for us to isolate the issue further.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem

1. Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection drops

2. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  3. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  4. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems

Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems: This is Windows 10 Pro version 1903, OS build 18362.476. I lost the Ethernet connection after one of the cumulative Windows updates. I have the network card component and driver for Ethernet card. The message that blinks on the available networks menu is 'Ethernet...
  6. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  7. Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out

Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out: HI, I'm wondering if there's anyone that can help. I have a HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 (about 4 years old) and over the past 2 or 3 months I keep losing my connection to wifi an the internet. The connection seems to drop in and out - around a dozen times during the...
  8. Ethernet Drop Outs

Ethernet Drop Outs: Hi folks For a few weeks now I've been having a number of issues with my LAN connection dropping out on me. It happens every five minutes or so, for about a minute at a time. I've done troubleshooting on my router and there is no issue here, it's worth noting that...
  9. Ethernet connection drops

Ethernet connection drops: I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which...
  10. Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops: I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every...