Windows 10: Ethernet connection drops

Discus and support Ethernet connection drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mlassiter, Oct 14, 2018.

1. mlassiter Win User

Ethernet connection drops

I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which is only about 4 months old, replacing an older one) and since the Wi-Fi continues to work. Also my software is up-to-date (Windows 10 Home version 1803 and the Control Panel>Network Adapters>Update showed the software was up-to-date).
    Has anyone some suggestions and, in th meantime, can anyone tell me where is the *.exe code that starts the connection so that I do not have to restart the PC?

:)

mlassiter, Oct 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, Oct 14, 2018
  3. shellz187 Win User
    Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home

My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem
    Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every 30 seconds sometimes a little sooner or a little later

( I have TWC or Spectrum now lol ) When it's on wireless wifi my internet is fine

I think the problem lies in the Properties of (TCP/IPv4) or (TCP/IPv6 )
    and has something to do with DNS or DHCP but I am not sure

I tried unplugging all the cables and restarting the modem and computer this doesn't work neither did the trouble shooting, my Windows 8.1 laptop does not give me this problem

I already did the netsh wlan show wlanreport in command, also I tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew in the command window but still the same problem after restarting

If you have any idea how to fix this send me an email I can also call you it would be greatly appreciated!

Ethernet connection drops [​IMG]

shellz187, Oct 14, 2018
  4. pareod Win User

Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet under Device Manager Network Adapters.

pareod, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet connection drops - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection drops

2. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  5. RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet: I have the following setup: 2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router gateway. win7-box: 192.168.0.38 win10-box1: 192.168.0.211 win10-box2: 192.168.0.24 I am connecting from win7-box, which I'm...
  6. USB ethernet constantly drops connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ethernet constantly drops connection: I have a Dell Inspiron running W10 64bit and am trying to use an Anker USB to gigabit ethernet adapter. It CONSTANTLY drops connection repeatedly for no reason! The interval between dropouts can be 30 minutes or more when idle, or every few seconds when active. I've...
  7. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  8. Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet under Device Manager Network Adapters. 12319
  9. Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops: I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every...
  10. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. work laptop ethernet intermittant drops