Windows 10: Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified

Discus and support Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 Professional and I've been having an issue for the past couple of days where my computer is perpetually trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sydney Igbokwe, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified

Hi,

I'm currently using Windows 10 Professional and I've been having an issue for the past couple of days where my computer is perpetually trying to identify my ethernet connection. This started happening maybe two to three days ago after I accidentally stepped on the switch to the power strip to which my router and computer are connected. When I restarted the computer, I saw this problem. To note my modem is connected via ethernet to my router, which then connects to my computer. I've tried resetting network adapters, restarting my computer, restarting my modem and my router, restarting the router and computer, and using ipconfig commands to grab a new ip address. I've also connected the ethernet cable to the laptop I'm typing this post on and the connection works. I've even bought an additional ethernet card thinking that might help. At this point I don't know what else I can do. If anyone knows how I should proceed I'd be more than grateful for your help. In case it helps the following is the result of when I ran the ipconfig /all command on my computer

Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified b2194e1e-8bb9-40cf-af7d-b4ba987fe17c?upload=true.png

The last connection in yellow is the port I'm currently using. Something to note is that the Default Gateway does not have an address. When I tried to enter in a static IP, that failed to resolve the problem. Again any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Sydney Igbokwe, Aug 7, 2018

2. Unidentified network (Ethernet connection)

Good Day My name is and i will be happy to assist you: Please try these additional resources that might assist you: How to fix Unidentified Network in Windows 10/8/7 or Unidentified network- No internet Access Ethernet Win 10 - [Solved] - Windows 10
    or Unidentified network - No Internet access - Windows 10 Forums or Unidentified network on Windows 10 & 7 [Fixed] - Driver Easy or https://pureinfotech.com/fix-unidentified-network-error-windows-10/ If these
    options did not work i suggest downloading intel or Realtek LAN Drivers Here: Intel Network Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Or Realtek Network Drivers http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    I do hope this helps. Please do let me know if it worked or not so i can continue to assist. Kind Regards

Phillip Roos, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Ethernet connection issue with error msg " unidentified network "

Hi Ahmed,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in connecting with Ethernet.

This issue might occur, if the network adapter driver is corrupt.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: Troubleshooting Network adapter.

• Press Windows Key + X from your keyboard and select
      Control Panel option.

• Change to Large under
      View all option, you will see at right top corner of the window.

• Click on Troubleshooting, Go to
      View all option (you will see at left pane), select Network adapter from the list and click on
      troubleshoot.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command prompt (Run as admin).

• Enter the below command and press Enter.

ipconfig /renew

• Now restart your PC and check the
      Ethernet settings.

If the issue still persists,

Please refer the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to to fix issue with Network.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in connecting with Ethernet.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified

Unidentified Network / Public Ethernet Connection Problems

I have recently aquired a network switch to connect 3 computers together in my home for faster file sharing because the wireless is too slow. The computers are connected to a wireless router for internet connection

I have had to manually assign the IP for each computer's ethernet adapter and the connection shows up as unidentified and public. in this state the computers can't talk to each other at all over the ethernet connection. I can manually force the connection to
    private using windows powershell but this is not persistent and after a restart the connection will be back to public. How do I make it so this change will persist after a restart? I have tried doing it through the registry but due to the network being unidentified
    there is no network profile available to edit.

Problem 2: the file transfers automatically try to use the wireless connection instead of the obviously much quicker ethernet. So I have to disable the wireless on one computer, start the transfer and re-enable the wireless so that computer still has its internet
    connection. after a short period of time windows will automatically switch back to using the wireless - sometimes even in the middle of a file transfer! (I can watch the network activity and see that the ethernet activity stops and wireless increases. overall
    transfer speed significantly reduced).

Setting the network priority through the GUI doesn't work because... microsoft windows.

setting the priority manually through windows powershell has had no effect.

setting the ethernet IP-host name in the hosts file has had no effect.

How do I make it use the ethernet connection all the time when it is available?

AlbyJohnson, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified

1. Ethernet Connection Is Perpetually Unidentified - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connection Perpetually

2. Unidentified network on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network on ethernet: The other day I was on my computer when I lost internet connection to my computer but it was fine for everything else in my house I prior to this happening I did not touch anything to do with my Ethernet or anything that could just disable my internet. I use à TP-link AV600...
  3. Ethernet unidentified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet unidentified: Hi. I know was a lot of questions about this but i need your support. I’ll say everything happend and all the ways i tried. Firsly, exploring the youtube my network turns off and i see the messages unidentified network. I restart my router, i switched the ports from routers,...
  4. Ethernet unidentified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet unidentified: Hi. I know was a lot of questions about this but i need your support. I’ll say everything happend and all the ways i tried. Firsly, exploring the youtube my network turns off and i see the messages unidentified network. I restart my router, i switched the ports from routers,...
  5. Ethernet unidentified

6. Ethernet unidentified

Ethernet unidentified: For some reason the internet is not working on my pc. I use a ethernet cable which works as i tested it on other devices. I tried to reseach online and fix this but im not even sure what im supposed to put in the ip adress, where do i find what should be, on my pc its just...
  7. Im connected to ethernet and it says unidentified network.

Im connected to ethernet and it says unidentified network.: I came home one day and my pc wasnt able to identify the network through ethernet. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-connected-to-ethernet-and-it-says-unidentified/271e0862-5e16-4128-8a48-809b8f51e485
  8. Unable to connect Ethernet (Unidentified Network)

Unable to connect Ethernet (Unidentified Network): Hi I just bought a pair of power line home plug, after everything set up and done the configuration. my desktop keep showing Unidentified Network, i try to connect the cable to other desktop or laptop it working well, just not working on window 10. also i tried (flush...
  9. Suddenly no connection through ethernet, "Unidentified network"

Suddenly no connection through ethernet, "Unidentified network": Hello everyone! So just recently I started experiencing a problem where I couldn't connect to the internet and when I would click on the little ethernet connection icon it would say "unidentified network". Upon trouble shooting it through windows' included troubleshooter, it...
  10. Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network': Hi all, I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug. I've had my Surface Pro 4 for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station. Originally I thought it was a surface thing, but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it...