Windows 10: Ethernet connection issues, internet working

Discus and support Ethernet connection issues, internet working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue where my ethernet connection on my PC sometimes fails to work even though all my internet home devices connected to the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryBlonde, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Ethernet connection issues, internet working

I have an issue where my ethernet connection on my PC sometimes fails to work even though

• all my internet home devices connected to the same connection are working perfectly
    • when I plug my wifi stick into this PC which I used for months before I tried ethernet, it also works fine and won't come up with any issues even after I use it for months unlike my ethernet
    • my computer itself fails to detect the issue as the network is displayed as 'connected', I never get any error messages, running windows diagnostics on the connection fails to detect any problems

I say 'sometimes' because:

• this issue does not happen every time I start my PC
    • restarting my PC 'sometimes' fixes the issue
    • ipconfig/release, ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/renew 'sometimes' fixes the issue
    • reseting my network settings 'sometimes' fixes the issue it might just be the restart though that 'fixes' it

More details on this issue:

• I believe this issue may be some sort of server connection issue as:
    • the issue doesn't completely block my connection - if I wait long enough I can still google search things/ load into some webpages
    • my connection does not appear to be a speed issue - if I manage to load into youtube the youtube video loads at a normal rate, but moving between different pages in youtube takes forever

solutions that have not worked so far:

• deleting all my hidden/unused network adapters
    • network reset
    • using google's DNS servers
    • disabling/unchecking IPV6 to force the connection to use IPV4 I thought it might be an IPV6 issue as my ethernet status says 'No network access' for IPV6

other details

• my windows 10 is fully up to date

:)

MaryBlonde, Jan 12, 2020

2. Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Ethernet Connection Issue - WIFI is working but Not Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that the Ethernet is not working and you are getting the error message “Unidentified network”. This might be due to the corrupt network adapters.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the system?

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Method 2: I would also suggest you to
    reset TCP/IP if you have Internet connection issues.

Please follow the below steps for the same

1. Type command prompt in the Search bar and then right click and Run as Administrator mode.

2. Type the command netsh int ip reset.

3. Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Ethernet connection issues, internet working

My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet connection issues, internet working

1. Ethernet connection issues, internet working - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection issues

2. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  3. No ethernet internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet internet connection: I had to reset my pc yesterday and after that it says no that there is no internet connection i alredy tried all solutions i coud find usb tethering from my phone doesn't work either...
  4. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  5. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  6. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Ethernet not connecting to the internet.

Ethernet not connecting to the internet.: I connect to the internet via an ethernet connection through electric powerline modules. It has been running great until a couple of days ago. My computer says that I'm connected with internet access until I run a diagnostic. It says that the connection between your access...
  8. Ethernet connected but no internet

Ethernet connected but no internet: Ethernet connected but no internet, my motherboard does not support wifi z170a. I have tried ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew I've tried rebooting and doing netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset I've...
  9. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  10. Ethernet internet issues

Ethernet internet issues: So my computer is hooked up to my router via ethernet cable, however, there seems to be a bug and while I have full access to the internet on my computer, it says I am not connected. This seems to be stopping me from using MIT app Inventor. Any ideas about how I might be able...