Windows 10: Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to?

Discus and support Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, So i've just moved into university and i tried to set up my wired connection. However for some reason, the networks I get connected to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by afrofishy, Sep 22, 2019.

1. afrofishy Win User

Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to?

Hi guys,

So i've just moved into university and i tried to set up my wired connection. However for some reason, the networks I get connected to keep switching.

So for eg i'll plug in my ethernet cord and get connected to Network 5, which is fine since i can use the internet, but then when I turn my laptop off and back on, I get connected to Network 2, which has no internet access.

Is there a way for me to choose with network i get connected to on windows 10? Because obviously i don't to keep getting connected to network 2

Thanks

:)

afrofishy, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Ethernet connection issue with error msg " unidentified network "

Hi Ahmed,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in connecting with Ethernet.

This issue might occur, if the network adapter driver is corrupt.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: Troubleshooting Network adapter.

• Press Windows Key + X from your keyboard and select
      Control Panel option.

• Change to Large under
      View all option, you will see at right top corner of the window.

• Click on Troubleshooting, Go to
      View all option (you will see at left pane), select Network adapter from the list and click on
      troubleshoot.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command prompt (Run as admin).

• Enter the below command and press Enter.

ipconfig /renew

• Now restart your PC and check the
      Ethernet settings.

If the issue still persists,

Please refer the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to to fix issue with Network.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in connecting with Ethernet.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to?

Issues with connecting to ethernet network connection on Windows 10.

Hello Alex,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you check if you have any wireless (wifi/Bluetooth) connection port open or trying to connect when Ethernet port is communicating?
    • Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to connect to the internet?
    • Which Troubleshooter did you run which notified 'protocol is missing'?
    • Did you verify whether the relevant drivers are the most up to date ones available on manufacturer's website?

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating
    system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Next, follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Internet connection option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

If it still does not help, I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps outlined in the below Microsoft Help link and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

Note: Make sure to use the networking commands as it will definitely help to diagnose and fix common connection problems.

Write to us with the with the updated status and the required information related to Ethernet connections for us to be bale to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to?

1. Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to? - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection issues

2. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  3. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  4. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Choosing which network adapter to connect to the internet through

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choosing which network adapter to connect to the internet through: On my computer, Im hooked up to two separate networks. Although I'm connected to one of them purely for LAN connections, both provide internet connectivity. I need to be connected to both simultaneously, but one is metered I do not have it set as such in windows and the other...
  9. Ethernet connection issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection issue...: Hello. I have a laptop for school that connects via wifi and a pc that connects via ethernet. 2 days ago, my pc wouldn't get any internet connection, but if I connect my laptop to the ethernet, it would work. What could be the issue and what's the possible fix? submitted by...
  10. Ethernet network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet network connection: I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying can't get access, check antivirus programme....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everyone on network losing internet access windows 10 ethernet connection