Windows 10: Ethernet connection issues with a new computer

Discus and support Ethernet connection issues with a new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to connect to the ethernet I use for my existing computer, which works great. However the new computer doesn't connect. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AllisonDennis1, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Ethernet connection issues with a new computer

I have been trying to connect to the ethernet I use for my existing computer, which works great.

However the new computer doesn't connect. I have two ethernet ports on the new computer. Neither will connect although they flash at the computer. I am also using a brand new cable but I have also tried these cable with my old computer and they work OK.

Any idea what is happening here and how I can address it?

Thanks

Allison

:)

AllisonDennis1, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Ethernet connection issues

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Ethernet connection. Let me assist you.

This issue might happen if the power saver option is set.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapters.

• Right-click on the Network Adapter listed and click on
      Properties.

• Click on Power Management tab.

• Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box and click on
      Ok.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Ethernet connection issues with a new computer

My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet connection issues with a new computer

1. Ethernet connection issues with a new computer - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection issues

2. Issues with Ethernet Connection Upon Computer Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Ethernet Connection Upon Computer Boot: Myself and others that I live with have been having issues connecting to our ethernet whenever our computers boot shut down, restart, etc.. On boot, the network is shown as unidentified and provides no connection. The only solution we have found is to restart the switch...
  3. Issues with Ethernet Connection Upon Computer Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Ethernet Connection Upon Computer Boot: Myself and others that I live with have been having issues connecting to our ethernet whenever our computers boot shut down, restart, etc.. On boot, the network is shown as unidentified and provides no connection. The only solution we have found is to restart the switch...
  4. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  5. USB ethernet connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ethernet connection issues: Hi folks, hoping someone on this forum can assist with diagnosing this issue. The setup is as follows -1 - for a long stretch of time I used a wired ethernet connection via a generic USB ethernet adapter/hub connected to a StarTech USB hub connected to my LG monitor which was...
  6. Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection Issue: To make it easier I put everything together in a nice text. Issue - Ethernet Connection Things I tried - Troubleshooting multiple times Restarting pc Restarting modem / router Unpluging repluging ethernet cable Netsh + Ipconfig commands in powershell Disabling anti virus +...
  7. Ethernet connection issues

Ethernet connection issues: Greetings, I have a big Ethernet issue when turning my computer on or getting it out of sleep. It just doesn't want to connect, unless I go to : Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change adapter setting > Ethernet > Diagnose. The...
  8. Ethernet connection issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection issue...: Hello. I have a laptop for school that connects via wifi and a pc that connects via ethernet. 2 days ago, my pc wouldn't get any internet connection, but if I connect my laptop to the ethernet, it would work. What could be the issue and what's the possible fix? submitted by...
  9. Issues with ethernet connection.

Issues with ethernet connection.: Hello, I am having some problems with my ethernet connection. Hovering over network icon on the taskbar displays "Not connected - No connections are available. I have noticed the connection has stopped working after my computer shut down unexpectingly. I found out in the...
  10. New Ethernet Cabling, no connection

New Ethernet Cabling, no connection: Hi, I just had ethernet cabling done in my house from the router under the floorboards into my room which evidently doesn't work. Stupidly I didn't get the guy who did the job to check it and I don't want to call him out if it's just a software issue. He also installed a...