Windows 10: Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Discus and support Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files ) 1. Is there any Logs/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sniferxyz, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Sniferxyz Win User

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files )

1. Is there any Logs/ Logs in MS Windows 10 if YES then please provide all the locations of these logs

2. If logs made for ethernet connected devices then How to completely remove them (traces)?

3. Is it possible to stop all these logs for a certain time period?

4.Is there any registry entry for that logs?

5.Are these logs different for different computers?

And one more question

If we restore registry then Is it update existing registries or completely replace them?

Thanks and regards

:)

Sniferxyz, Apr 13, 2019

2. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them.

I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers.

Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other.

I followed the instructions in this article: How to Share Files between Two Computers Using LAN Cable - TechWiser

I set the TCP/IPv4 on one computer like this:

IP address: 192.168.0.1

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.0.2

and on the other, like this:

TCP/IPv4 on one computer like this:

IP address: 192.168.0.2

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

In the sharing options, I turned on network discovery, and file and printer sharing, use 128-bit encryption, and

turned off password protected sharing.

I tried pinging each computer, but I get nothing.

I tried the network troubleshooter, but get nothing. I've tried restarting, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Mary of Austin, Apr 13, 2019
  3. How to connect two computers

Hi Martin,

I will be glad to help you with the questions you have connecting two computers.

What is the operating system on Toshiba computer?

If you need to connect two computers but you don't have access to a network and can't set up an ad hoc network, you can use an Ethernet crossover cable to create a direct cable connection.

Generally speaking, a crossover cable is constructed by reversing (or crossing over) the order of the wires inside so that it can connect two computers directly. A crossover cable looks almost exactly like a regular Ethernet cable (a
    straight-through cable), so make sure you have a crossover cable before following these steps.

Before buying a crossover cable, check your network adapter. Some newer network adapters automatically cross over when they detect that they're connected directly to another network adapter using a regular Ethernet cable.

To connect two computers with a crossover cable

This works best if both computers are running this version of Windows.

• Plug each end of the crossover cable into a network port on the back of each computer.

• On one of the computers that's running this version of Windows, do the following:

• Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type
      network, and then click Network and Sharing Center.

• In the network map at the top of Network and Sharing Center, double-click the
      Unidentified network‍ icon. (If you have more than one network, this icon will be labeled
      Multiple networks.)

• If network discovery and file sharing are turned off, in Network, click the information bar containing the following message: "Network discovery and file sharing are turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...,"
      and then click Turn on network discovery and file sharing.
      Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable [​IMG]
      If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
      type the password or provide confirmation.

• Icons for both computers should now be visible in the Network window. Double-click each computer icon to share printers and other resources.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 13, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Crossover cable

All of the modern Gigabit NICs, onboard and add-on, support auto sensing. So they would not require a crossover cable. Auto-snesing with onboard cards is still rather rare, but getting more popular, especially among enthusiast motherboards that have built in gigabit.

newtekie1, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection Logs

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  4. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  5. Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet: I am baffled by how Windows 10 handles file sharing between computers these days. I remember the Homegroup option was a little wonky, but at least it worked. Here's the situation. I have my whole home wired with Cat 6 Ethernet. Every port is connected to one switch. Each...
  6. Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...

Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...: So I'm trying to set up a server pc in my roomwhich is far away from the router. One of the pcs in my room has a wireless adapter and the other doesn't, so I try to share the network over an ethernet cable. The pcs are detecting each other, but giving "unidentified network"...
  7. Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable: I am try to connect two Windows 10/64 workstations via a Crossover Cable to share files. On system 1, I have set IPv4 IP to 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 I keep trying to set the Default Gateway to 192.168.0.1 and the Preferred DNS server to 192.168.0.1....
  8. Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable: I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files ) 1. Is there any Logs/ Logs in MS Windows 10 if YES then please provide all the locations of these logs 2. If logs made for ethernet connected...
  9. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

Connect two computers with ethernet cable: I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them. I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers. Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other. I followed the...
  10. Connecting two pc's using ethernet cable, while one is wireless

Connecting two pc's using ethernet cable, while one is wireless: Hi everyone at TenForums :) This is Thomas from Copenhagen At my new workshop (photographer), I'm connected to my friendly office-nabours guest wifi network using an ASUS PCE-AC68 adapter. However in my work setup, I have until now been connecting my main pc, a Dell Aurora...