Windows 10: Ethernet connection lost after update

Discus and support Ethernet connection lost after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My husband HP and my computer Dell are connected by an ethernet cable. After the last update, I get an error message. This has happened before, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristineTimchek, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Ethernet connection lost after update

My husband HP and my computer Dell are connected by an ethernet cable. After the last update, I get an error message. This has happened before, but Microsoft was able to fix it. This time, the guy tinkered for an hour or more, and I had to leave.

The message is:
    Z: to \\DESKTOP - XXXX\Michael this connection has not been restored.

I have tried everything I know how to try, including "Obtain an IP address automatically" it does not populate

I have tried to reset manually as shown below, but do not seem to be able to follow those instructions, i.e., when I type in the command line and press enter, it tries to execute and give me an error message.

In other words, I cannot get all five lines typed in
    I have
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh winsock reset
    ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Other than calling Microsoft names, and there are many I have used, can anyone come up with a solution?

:)

ChristineTimchek, Mar 20, 2020

2. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Mar 20, 2020
  3. MarcoArik Win User
    How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Ethernet connection lost after update

Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet connection lost after update

1. Ethernet connection lost after update - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection lost

2. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet: after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet. the message said i had an invalid Ip configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-my-pc-lost-internet-connection-via/3b3151a1-a7c9-48fb-a185-6d707d9a8838
  3. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet: after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet. the message said i had an invalid Ip configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-my-pc-lost-internet-connection-via/3b3151a1-a7c9-48fb-a185-6d707d9a8838
  4. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lost Ethernet Connection with Windows October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Ethernet Connection with Windows October 2020 Update: I just installed the October Update and the Ethernet connect is lost. Basically when I go to open the browser, I lose connection, actually the router (Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router) just reboots over and over. At the same time, when the browser is open and I get...
  6. Lost Ethernet connections after Windows updates

Lost Ethernet connections after Windows updates: Today I ran Windows Update on one of my PCs: a DELL Win10. When the updates were completed and the PC restarted, Windows reported "Unidentified Network without Internet Access". All other devices connected to my router work fine....
  7. Ethernet connections lost after Windows updates

Ethernet connections lost after Windows updates: Today I ran Windows Update on two of my PCs: a DELL Win10 and a HP Win8.1. When updates were finished and the two PCs restarted, Windows reported "Unidentified Network No internet access". Both PCs are connected to my router via CAT5 ethernet cables. On each PC, I ran the...
  8. Ethernet connection lost on windows10 pro

Ethernet connection lost on windows10 pro: Hi, I'm having troubles with my ethernet connection on my PC. I recently bought it and I have 2 disks : 1 classic SATA and 1 ssd nvme. I installed on the ssd nvme windows 10 pro and all the stuff I need to work , especially VirtualBox and Vagrant. At that time everything...
  9. ethernet connections lost

ethernet connections lost: hello, i have been having this problem lately where my ethernet connections dissapears, and my laptop (asus X751LN) switches to a wireless connections. this is happening quite regularally the past weeks. i dont understand what is making my laptop do this, or is it perhaps...
  10. Lost Ethernet Connection after Windows Update

Lost Ethernet Connection after Windows Update: Windows update yesterday. Immediately after I noticed my network connection had switched to Wireless icon. When I checked Device Manager, my ethernet adaptor was missing (Realtex PCIe GBE Family Controller) Eventually discovered it in "Show hidden devices". In Properties...