Windows 10: Ethernet connection not recognized on PC

Discus and support Ethernet connection not recognized on PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm connected by ethernet to my PC but have no internet. Had to turn on wireless to type this message. My ethernet is not showing up anywhere, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MIADEC26, Jun 28, 2021.

1. MIADEC26 Win User

Ethernet connection not recognized on PC

I'm connected by ethernet to my PC but have no internet. Had to turn on wireless to type this message. My ethernet is not showing up anywhere, not under settings, not in change adapter settings. I was just working from it today and the all of a sudden it went out. I've checked the cables and have even switched out ethernet cables, still nothing. What needs to be done here. I've shut modem on and off. Even checked to be certain ethernet port was enabled.

:)

MIADEC26, Jun 28, 2021

2. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Jun 28, 2021
  3. MarcoArik Win User
    How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Henry60AR Win User

Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Thanks Vijay. I went through your steps other than the repair upgrade, and there was no change. Before I do the repair upgrade, I want to check on another angle.

I went into Networks and Sharing and realized that Windows is simply not recognizing my Verizon modem/router as the Ethernet connection. The slow internet access is due to the fact that the desktop is picking up the WiFi signal, and it's not strong on this
    device.

For Ethernet, I get an "Unidentified Network" and when I click on Ethernet Status, the IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity lists "no network access". Looking at the Ethernet properties, the "Connect Using" lists Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Shouldn't it
    be the Verizon modem name? Also noticed that the Microsoft Network Adaptor Multiplexor Protocol is unchecked. Not sure if that matters.

I think what I need to do is somehow configure the Verizon modem again, but not sure how.

Henry60AR, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Ethernet connection not recognized on PC - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection recognized

2. Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network: I have a weird issue where, my Ethernet is connected to my PC and allows me to use the browser freely without any issue. However, it isn't recognized by my PC and the message "Not connected - No connections available" keeps showing up. Although, I am able to use most of the...
  3. Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network: I have a weird issue where, my Ethernet is connected to my PC and allows me to use the browser freely without any issue. However, it isn't recognized by my PC and the message "Not connected - No connections available" keeps showing up. Although, I am able to use most of the...
  4. Ethernet is connected and working, however PC does not recognize it as a network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ethernet connected to pc, no connection

Ethernet connected to pc, no connection: Network adapter doesn’t work so connected ethernet still doesn’t work. Audio doesn’t work. any help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-to-pc-no-connection/98635aef-404b-4fd4-ac13-23a484d1dfc6
  6. Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection: Last night 12.2.21 Windows worked well. It wanted to install some updates, which I allowed as "Update and shutdown" Today Windows didn't boot. A number of automated repairs attempts failed do they ever succeed?. I reinstalled it from a USB drive. version from 9.1.2020...
  7. Ethernet not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not recognized: I have had this happen twice now first time I dont know how i fixed it. I'm running: Windows 10 Pro x64 Intel i5-7600k Asus 1060 3gb My computer is not recognizing that my ethernet cable is plugged in. It's a brand new cable, I've done all the troubleshooting that I...
  8. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection: Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart the computer with Ethernet plugged in. Running on the latest driver. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks....
  9. PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable: submitted by /u/DreiVinci [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpkqiw/pc_wont_recognize_ethernet_cable/
  10. Ethernet Connectivity on Pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connectivity on Pc: My internet on my pc was working 2 days ago. I saw a windows update so I clicked it. My device was restarted and there was no wifi on it. I was confused because my ethernet cable was plugged in. When I went to troubleshooting it said that windows could not find a driver for...