Windows 10: Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

Discus and support Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager. The only items showing in the device manager are WAN's. I have a LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChadHarvey3, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager. The only items showing in the device manager are WAN's. I have a LAN

:)

ChadHarvey3, Dec 8, 2018

2. Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager [​IMG]

putermaker, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

1. Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection showing

2. Network shows not connected although connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shows not connected although connected: Hello - I have a Yoga Lenovo 930C and I am able to surf the internet via Edge Google etc but it says that "I am not connected to the Internet" and the only suggestion it gives me is to "reset my network" which I have done and it still doesn't show as connected although I...
  3. Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device Manager keeps refreshing due to ethernet connection. Help.: Greetings. When I started to encounter a problem regarding Dark Souls III I started to troubleshoot and managed to find out that Dark Souls III doesn't like when devices get connected and disconnected from your system. When I took a closer look to the device manager it was...
  4. Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection

Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection: I have a Windows 10 64-bit HP laptop that's about a year old. Today, when I got home from work, I noticed that it seemed to have restarted, so I assumed it had downloaded a Windows update. However, I suddenly have a number of problems that I didn't have this morning before...
  5. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  6. Ethernet showing but not connected.

Ethernet showing but not connected.: I have not connected to ethernet but still it is showing connected with no name and due to this I cannot start a wifi hotspot on my laptop.[IMG]...
  7. Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10)

Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10): I've been stressing out trying to find out how to get WiFi back into network connections because I didn't want to keep using an Ethernet cable. When I open up the network tab, there is no networks showing at all except for my Ethernet cable....
  8. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager: I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are...
  9. Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc

Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc: So originally I upgraded my mini PCI card and was trying to get that working... It was recognized in the device manager but not the network connections.. I could not see the adapter to use or enable/disable etc despite having the drivers up to date. Now I have my old card...
  10. Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network': Hi all, I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug. I've had my Surface Pro 4 for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station. Originally I thought it was a surface thing, but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet not showing in network connections

2. ethernet connection not showing up

3. ethernet.connection.not showing

4. ethernet not showing up under device manager