Windows 10: Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

Discus and support Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager. The only items showing in the device manager are WAN's. I have a LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChadHarvey3, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager. The only items showing in the device manager are WAN's. I have a LAN

:)

ChadHarvey3, Dec 8, 2018

2. Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager [​IMG]

putermaker, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

1. Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection showing

2. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  3. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  4. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi not showing under Network Connections

WiFi not showing under Network Connections: Above is my available Network Connections. I have been using ethernet for 10 years, but now I moved and need to connect to my new WiFi wireless instead of with Ethernet. I've watched all the videos regarding this subject and none is working. Any way to make the WiFi network...
  6. network connections only showing ethernet

network connections only showing ethernet: hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect to wi-fi. when i checked device manager, the wi-fi adapter was hidden and its status was not connected. i tried updating the...
  7. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  8. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  9. Ethernet network connection

Ethernet network connection: I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying can't get access, check antivirus programme....
  10. Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC

Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC: Since updating my Windows 10 Pro to Version 1909, I am no longer able to access the \\READYSHARE Drive on my PC. When I attempt to input \\READYSHARE path into the address bar, an error message 'Windows cannot access \\READYSHARE, error code 0x80004005' is displayed. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet not showing in network connections

2. ethernet connection not showing up

3. ethernet.connection.not showing

4. ethernet not showing up under device manager