Windows 10: ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer

Discus and support ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have five pc on my home network. Four of them show up under network in file explorer, but I cannot get the fifth to show up no matter what I do. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonathanMcBride, Apr 29, 2020.

1. ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer

I have five pc on my home network. Four of them show up under network in file explorer, but I cannot get the fifth to show up no matter what I do. I need to be able to move files to and from this pc via the network. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

JonathanMcBride, Apr 29, 2020
  2. GeorgeD55 Win User

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Apr 29, 2020
  4. ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer

Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer

1. ethernet connection not showing up in windows explorer - Similar Threads - ethernet connection showing

2. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  3. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  4. Windows showing as not connected to internet, despite showing being connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows showing as not connected to internet, despite showing being connected to ethernet: For a while, Windows 10 has shown it is not connected to the internet, even though I can access the internet and it shows I am connected to an ethernet cable. Because of this, I cannot update the computer, as it says it cannot check for updates because it isn't connected to...
  5. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi/ethernet not showing up: Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and no its not broken, what should i do to fix it? network refresh again?...
  6. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi/ethernet not showing up: Wifi nor ethernet is not showing up, even in network connections, i tried network refresh, waited 10 minutes after and nothing, what should i do? and no its not broken, what should i do to fix it? network refresh again?...
  7. Wifi/ethernet not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Ethernet and wifi not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet and wifi not showing up: Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to totally format my drives and reinstall windows. But now I dont’t see the wifi option, it’s just the ethernet logo with an x...
  9. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  10. Ethernet showing but not connected.

Ethernet showing but not connected.: I have not connected to ethernet but still it is showing connected with no name and due to this I cannot start a wifi hotspot on my laptop.[IMG]...