Windows 10: Ethernet connection not working because of PC

Discus and support Ethernet connection not working because of PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, [IMG]I need help to fix the Ethernet connection. I tried to connect it to other working cables and it still doesn’t work, I believe it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CoolPanda21, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Ethernet connection not working because of PC

Hi,

Ethernet connection not working because of PC [​IMG]I need help to fix the Ethernet connection. I tried to connect it to other working cables and it still doesn’t work, I believe it has something to do with the computer, any ideas?

:)

CoolPanda21, Jan 3, 2019

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jan 3, 2019
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 3, 2019
  4. sgage Win User

Ethernet connection not working because of PC

Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet connection not working because of PC

1. Ethernet connection not working because of PC - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection working

2. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  3. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  4. PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment: So, I have a very interesting problem with my ethernet at my apartment. My PC can not detect that an ethernet cable is plugged into my computer unless I alter the 'speed & duplex' setting. Afterwards, it says that the 'ethernet does not have a valid IP address'. The part that...
  5. Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet: Hi, very random question I hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer online...The WiFi in my house is terrible so decided to connect directly to the ethernet. The internet works great, no dropout as previous, however, whenever I load a game up, no matter what game, it...
  6. Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet: Hi, very random question I hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer online...The WiFi in my house is terrible so decided to connect directly to the ethernet. The internet works great, no dropout as previous, however, whenever I load a game up, no matter what game, it...
  7. Ethernet connected to pc, no connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet connected to pc, no connection: Network adapter doesn’t work so connected ethernet still doesn’t work. Audio doesn’t work. any help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-to-pc-no-connection/98635aef-404b-4fd4-ac13-23a484d1dfc6
  8. Ethernet connection not working.

Ethernet connection not working.: I have a working Ethernet connection but my PC won't recognize it. I can use my web browser and games that use Internet, but anything Microsoft related, such as Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge, doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution?...
  9. Ethernet Connectivity on Pc

Ethernet Connectivity on Pc: My internet on my pc was working 2 days ago. I saw a windows update so I clicked it. My device was restarted and there was no wifi on it. I was confused because my ethernet cable was plugged in. When I went to troubleshooting it said that windows could not find a driver for...
  10. Ethernet Connection not working

Ethernet Connection not working: Hi This is not really a windows 10 problem but perhaps somebody can help me. I have been using Teamviewer and my work computer to access my personal laptop which is on the same premises - I live on the same premises as my workplace. Over the past few days I have been trying...