Windows 10: Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop

Discus and support Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, On a newly re-imaged laptop (used this W10 image on these Dell laptops all the time with no prior issues), the ethernet connection will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andyfromcali, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop

Hello,

On a newly re-imaged laptop (used this W10 image on these Dell laptops all the time with no prior issues), the ethernet connection will not take me to the web. I'm not getting any errors and all signs point to it being successfully connected.

Troubleshooter gives me this:
    Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com.com) is not responding

I can connect via Wi-Fi and using a USB to Ethernet dongle works.
    I've tried flushing and renewing the DNS, and the resetting the WinSock.

Any ideas?

:)

andyfromcali, Sep 24, 2019

2. Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop

Hello,

On a newly re-imaged laptop (used this W10 image on these Dell laptops all the time with no prior issues), the ethernet connection will not take me to the web. I'm not getting any errors and all signs point to it being successfully connected.

Troubleshooter gives me this:
    Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com.com) is not responding

I can connect via Wi-Fi and using a USB to Ethernet dongle works.
    I've tried flushing and renewing the DNS, resetting the WinSock, and ipv4/6 are auto.

Any ideas?

andyfromcali, Sep 24, 2019
  3. aks45 Win User
    Ethernet connection/port on my laptop

Thanks for the suggested solution which I tried. My feedback:

• Update download was completed but installation did not complete and the message popped up that stated that update is not compatible and cannot be installed.

Info sought in your mail is as follows:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
      • Window 10 Pro
      • Version 1709
      • OS Build 16299.192
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
      • Dell Alienware
      • 15" Laptop
      • System 64 bit os x64-based processor
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using another Ethernet cable?
      • yes, tried different cables
      • (also same ethernet cable & connection works on my mac notebook)
    • Have you made any changes to your computer setting before this issue occurred?
      • Can't say with certainty about changes, if any, made. Normally i don't fiddle with the laptop systems.
      • ethernet port was working just fine and suddenly became dsysfunctional about two weeks back.
      • Checked Network adapters in the device manager which highlights Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with a yellow mark. Also checked network adapter driver which states that installed driver is the latest.

aks45, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop

My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop

1. Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection working

2. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  3. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  4. Ethernet connection to laptop

Ethernet connection to laptop: My laptop is constantly bringing up unidentified network when I try to connect to my Realtek PCIe FE controller network ethernet. please help with solving the issue...
  5. Ethernet connection not working.

Ethernet connection not working.: I have a working Ethernet connection but my PC won't recognize it. I can use my web browser and games that use Internet, but anything Microsoft related, such as Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge, doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution?...
  6. RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work'

RE: Ethernet shows connection but will not appear 'work': Hello Recently the adapters I was using for many years stopped working. They worked fine for years, then they started to work on and off (i.e sometime the connection worked and sometimes not. Not they do not work at all ever although if one looks at the control...
  7. Problem with Re-imaging laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem with Re-imaging laptop: My laptop was recently reset by tech support and I now want to recover all my applications and settings from an image file I previous made which is stored on my external hard drive. So I restart to the advanced options screen. Click the System Image Recovery icon. I then...
  8. Ethernet not working - need to re-enable

Ethernet not working - need to re-enable: Hey, Earlier this week there was an update for windows 10, I'm not sure what the update was but it took about an hour to install so was fairly big (although I see no real changes). Anyway, since then the ethernet adapter no longer works when the computer starts up. It just...
  9. Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops

Fresh Install Ethernet Connection Drops: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Ever since it was installed my wired ethernet connections has been randomly dropping. I have Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet under Device Manager Network Adapters. 12319
  10. Ethernet Connection not working

Ethernet Connection not working: Hi This is not really a windows 10 problem but perhaps somebody can help me. I have been using Teamviewer and my work computer to access my personal laptop which is on the same premises - I live on the same premises as my workplace. Over the past few days I have been trying...