Windows 10: Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+

Discus and support Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a relatively new HP desktop with 1903 Windows 10. I just connected it to my switch (which has a couple others desktop pcs connected). They are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AshleyQuick, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+

This is a relatively new HP desktop with 1903 Windows 10. I just connected it to my switch (which has a couple others desktop pcs connected). They are getting around 150 Mbps.

I'm using a 5e patch cable so can you think of why there's such a disparity in speed?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jul 13, 2019

2. I have windows 10 and i have 150 mpbs speed but my computer is getting 50 MBPS

I have windows 10 and i have 150 mpbs speed but my computer is getting 50 MBPS, My son has a windows 10 laptop but is getting up to 140 MBPS.

How do i increase my speed on my computer?

We have done resets, tried programs, external wifi adapters and nothing works so we think its a problem with windows settings

DabirAhmed, Jul 13, 2019
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+

Windows 10 can't connect to Internet. Get message "No internet, secured"

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with connecting to Wi-Fi on your system. We will certainly help you.

• Were you using VPN connection when upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to connect to other network like Ethernet?

We suggest you to try the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Why can't I get online?

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+

1. Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+ - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection getting

2. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  3. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  4. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  6. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  7. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

8. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  9. Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps

Ethernet Link Speed at 10 Mbps: Hello, I have been having some slow ethernet. I went through the settings and in the properties for mt connection it says the link speed transmit/receive is at 10/10 Mbps. When I try wifi its capped at 520 Mbps but its very unstable most of the time, so I want to use...
  10. Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150

Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150: Hi, I built my first computer in two months ago and switched to Shaw internet 150, I was getting around 150Mbps on the new computer at the start, but recently tested my internet with speedtest.net and shaw’s own internet test and I’m constantly getting 15Mbps. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sons pc only getting 3 mbps

2. only getting 3 mbps while other computers get 250