Windows 10: Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds

Discus and support Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi all and thanks for reading... windows 10 machine, up to date, wireless is fine, though ethernet says disconnected when it is connected, and every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chriswin10, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds

hi all and thanks for reading...

windows 10 machine, up to date, wireless is fine, though ethernet says disconnected when it is connected, and every 25-30 seconds the ethernet connection flashes 'identifying' for 1 second then goes back to disconnected. it's a Dell Inspiron 24, with a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller installed, and drivers up to most up to date available (June 2017). Windows 10 all up to date. have tried the same ethernet connection on another machine and it is fine there. Something about this specific machine. wireless is ok so I can still post here thankfully!

Any guidance is very gratefully received...

:)

chriswin10, Aug 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 download stucks at 95 % . How can I solve this problem ?

Reboot the router by unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds then retry.

If this fails, then try a different connection. If on wifi, switch to Ethernet connection.

Smittychat., Aug 15, 2017
  3. Log in/Sign in every 30 seconds

Hi,

One of the possible cause, why your laptop asks you to re-log in, is because of the current power option set on your system.

Can you tell us if your laptop goes into sleep mode after 30 seconds?

If so, kindly follow the steps to further isolate the root cause of this issue.

• Type Power & sleep in the search bar, then click on it.
    • Check if your current power option is set for your device to go into sleep mode after 1 minute.
    • Change it to never and see if the issue will occur.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 15, 2017
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds

Hello and welcome chriswin mate have you tried the dell support site for the Ethernet driver (LAN) as I never fully rely on Windows updates either in 10 or 7 to update drivers from specific manufacturers.
    Drivers Downloads | Dell Australia
    I would be inclined to use the detect product option and then look for a LAN driver.

Having said that I have found the Dell support site rather convoluted but just persist and contact them if you have to.

ICIT2LOL, Aug 17, 2017
  5. hey thanks a lot ICIT2LOL for the suggestion - I like to think I have all drivers up to date - have done so through dell rather than windows. thanks for reading!

chriswin10, Sep 3, 2017
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    No problems mate it is just that for many years I think (and they still do) many think that the Windows feature is the best thing and to some extent 10 now is fairly good - but I still prefer it from the horses mouth as it were*Wink

Edit: I should have added mate if the machine is out of warranty then maybe it would be an idea to fit a PCI Ethernet card they are really inexpensive and really easy to fit and I don't know how you feel about that but if you want my opinion that is what I would do and I rally do like TP-Link stuff see this
    TP-LINK - Gigabit Ethernet PCI Network Adapter Card 101000 Mbps - TG-3269 - Newegg.com as you can see not expensive and there are plenty of other brands in the Newegg site including quite a few Intel ones if you just Google Newegg and search for Ethernet cards

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds

1. Ethernet connection recognized for 1 second every 30 seconds - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection recognized

2. Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute: randomly started having this issue a few hours ago. my wifi works ok, but my ethernet only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute. i've tried doing a network reset, resetting the adapters, changing firewall settings, changing power settings, and...
  3. Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute: randomly started having this issue a few hours ago. my wifi works ok, but my ethernet only last for 3-5 second bursts before going out for 30 seconds - 1 minute. i've tried doing a network reset, resetting the adapters, changing firewall settings, changing power settings, and...
  4. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  5. Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  9. Please Help. Ethernet always takes 30 seconds to connect On Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Help. Ethernet always takes 30 seconds to connect On Startup: I'm at my wits end. My PC is pretty fast(Use it for gaming), and has always connected to internet as soon as windows starts up. Sometime in the last 3 weeks, this issue started happening. For about 1 week, I have spent 2 hours a day trying to fix this issue . I don't...
  10. Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after...: Plugged into modem Ethernet but pc takes 30 seconds to recognize internet connection after 2004 update. Any ideas? submitted by /u/PossessedGravy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijlqew/plugged_into_modem_ethernet_but_pc_takes_30/