Windows 10: Ethernet connection slow and almost not working

Discus and support Ethernet connection slow and almost not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've experienced quite a slow ethernet recently and have no idea why. I tried switching cables and it feels the same. Not sure if its my TP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ern815, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ern815 Win User

Ethernet connection slow and almost not working

Hi guys,

I've experienced quite a slow ethernet recently and have no idea why. I tried switching cables and it feels the same. Not sure if its my TP Link AV-500 that's down.

The error message i got was 'Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource is not responding'

Any help is appreciated and do let me know if you require me to post logs etc. Thank you.

:)

ern815, Oct 18, 2020

2. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Magnus09 Win User

Ethernet Connection (slow internet after upgrading to win10)

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Both wifi/ethernet connection is functional except the speed has dropped to a crawl. I have tried all the "fixes" suggested but haven't been able to find a fix (including updating drivers using various methods).
    My current status is:

Wifi: Still half the speed of what I was getting when using win7 pro.

Ethernet: Extremely slow connection after boot or coming out of sleep mode. But once I disable and re-enable, the speed is faster than it's ever been.

I have:

Dell Inspiron 3847

Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Possible "fixes" I can think of at this point is:

Revert back to win7

Buy new ethernet card

Seems like many are having similar issues but not quite the same as I'm having. My connection always there but slow at start. But I always have to disable/re-enable for it to work properly. Any suggestion/advice would be really appreciate it.

Magnus09, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet connection slow and almost not working - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection slow

2. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow ethernet connection: Hello, recently I kept downloading games but then I realized that my ethernet connection is slow, 500 kbps :scream: I tried changing my DNS, checking for any updates, clearing my cache via command prompt, and many more. I tried plugging in the ethernet cable into my laptop,...
  3. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow ethernet connection: Hello, recently I kept downloading games but then I realized that my ethernet connection is slow, 500 kbps :scream: I tried changing my DNS, checking for any updates, clearing my cache via command prompt, and many more. I tried plugging in the ethernet cable into my laptop,...
  4. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  6. Ethernet connection not working

Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  7. Wifi connection slowing ethernet connection

Wifi connection slowing ethernet connection: I currently have two pc's running in my house, The first is connected through ethernet and the second over a wifi connection through a range extender. For some reason when the second pc is running any type of download the ethernet pc slows down, it cannot stream video or play...
  8. Ethernet connection very slow downloading

Ethernet connection very slow downloading: Hello, i have a brand new custom built pc,everything is running smooth but for some reason , everything i download has crazy peaks and doesnt go up 1mb stable, i have 600mbs of internet so it should be way faster and really stable,ive tried using other computers in my house...
  9. Slow Connecting via Ethernet?

Slow Connecting via Ethernet?: I have an unusual issue that seems to have just started occurring over the past month. My i-7 desktop with 16 gb RAM is connected to my router via an Ethernet cable. Connection speed (upload and download) is 25-30 Mbs. Have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition fully updated. If...
  10. Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..

Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..: Hello I have two desktop PCs. One is a TV Media Centre PC (good ol' Windows 7) - wired to the Router, the other my working PC (Windows 10) runs on the network using 'Homeplug' type technology. I also have a number of wireless tablet/phone devices in the house. Only very...