Windows 10: Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.

Discus and support Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am in a suite apartment, and am sharing a single ethernet plug with three others. Luckily we have a Realtek Switch that splits the single port into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesGeorge2, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.

I am in a suite apartment, and am sharing a single ethernet plug with three others. Luckily we have a Realtek Switch that splits the single port into five. I have run an ethernet cord to the Switch and plugged it in, but I have no internet connection through it. It shows up as a Unidentified Network on my computer. It is working perfectly for everyone else in my suite, and when I bypass the switch I connect just fine. I got all my drivers up to date using Driver Easy, and have tried all troubleshooting methods for an ethernet connection I could find online. Any ideas? Has anyone else had trouble with this?

:)

CharlesGeorge2, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Nickynoo Win User

Ethernet Connection not working

Hi
    This is not really a windows 10 problem but perhaps somebody can help me.
    I have been using Teamviewer and my work computer to access my personal laptop which is on the same premises - I live on the same premises as my workplace. Over the past few days I have been trying to get teamviewer wake on lan to work. It seems very coincidental to me that suddenly after using teamviewer this problem occured. On Thursday this week (16/2/2017) while connected to my laptop with teamviewer I experienced a few times when I had to reconnected - I assumed this was because the internet went down and came back on. I used my laptop without any problem that night without remotely accessing it via teamviewer, physically using it. I even used the LAN connection to browse the internet. On Friday we had a huge electrical storm in my area, and I noticed that I couldn't connect via teamviewer even though the laptop was switched on and wasn't in sleep mode. I went to my laptop a bit later that day and discovered that my Ethernet connection wasn't working. I tried to connect via wifi - I could, had to use the windows troubleshooter because something was wrong but it fixed it and I could and still can connect via wifi. I decided to look at posts on various internet site to see how others has sorted out the problem, Ive tried various things that were mentioned and some far nothing has helped. I suspect my Ethernet port has been fried but how can I be certain of this?
    I had the driver that I originally loaded to get the Ethernet working years ago I cannot remember the name of the driver but I think it was realtek local area network driver - when I try to reinstall the driver because it has disappeared from device manager) it goes through the installation and then says that the realtek network controller was not found if deep sleep mode is enabled. Please plug the cable. and nothing reappears in device manager. Yes that is what its says word for word on the net, I searched for that error and plug the cable seems to mean "power off".
    Other things I have tried
    There was a suggestion to check the router port - my router port where the other end of the Ethernet cable goes seems ok
    Another suggestion was to restart - no difference
    Another suggestion was to remove the ram so deep sleep doesn't happen - I did it, no change.
    Somebody please help.

Nickynoo, Aug 29, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    realtek ethernet

To isolate the case, we would suggest that you use other "Realtek Ethernet", and see if it does the same thing.

Regards.

John Sarc, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.

My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.

1. Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working. - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection through

2. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  3. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  4. Ethernet connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection not working: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  5. Switch between two Ethernet connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch between two Ethernet connections: Hello,I have two ethernet connections, one is set with manual IP, the other one is set with Automatic IP DHCP. However, when I switch from manual to automatic to manual again, I lose the information related to the manual IP. How can I keep the two connections without...
  6. sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!!

sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!!: Every time the computer goes to "sleep" and I wake it up, the ethernet connection gets changed to "public" instead of "private" so the internet connection will not connect. If I run the homegroup trouble shooter, the setting gets changed back to private and the internet...
  7. No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection

No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection: Hello, Where is the Public/Private switch has gone for Ethernet connection? I need to switch my ethernet connection from public to private. I have connected two PCs using ethernet cross-over cable Thanks Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.592 [ATTACH]...
  8. Ethernet through USB C not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet through USB C not working: I have a Dell Vostro 7590 (Brand new computer) and have Windows 10 and Drivers through Dell support assist fully up to date as of the time of writing this. I installed ethernet in my office yesterday and last night when I was half way done, I connected my computer to...
  9. Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch.

Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch.: I have two PCs running Windows 10, and one stopped connecting to the internet. I just switched to Wi-Fi, and on the other computer, this was no issue, because I can only connect through Ethernet by running a cable across the house. Today, I started to work on updating another...
  10. Get 200+ Gigabit Ethernet through router/switch

Get 200+ Gigabit Ethernet through router/switch: If I have 200+ Mbps wired ethernet Spectrum Arris modem, should I install a wired switch or hub which will split the connection between hardwired PC's and a wireless router or a newer fancy gigabit wireless router? Will the new switch or router reduce the speed very much? I...