Windows 10: Ethernet connection to laptop

Discus and support Ethernet connection to laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is constantly bringing up unidentified network when I try to connect to my Realtek PCIe FE controller network ethernet. please help with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KennedyAddero, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Ethernet connection to laptop

My laptop is constantly bringing up unidentified network when I try to connect to my Realtek PCIe FE controller network ethernet.

please help with solving the issue

:)

KennedyAddero, Sep 9, 2019
  2. aks45 Win User

Ethernet connection/port on my laptop

Thanks for the suggested solution which I tried. My feedback:

• Update download was completed but installation did not complete and the message popped up that stated that update is not compatible and cannot be installed.

Info sought in your mail is as follows:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
      • Window 10 Pro
      • Version 1709
      • OS Build 16299.192
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
      • Dell Alienware
      • 15" Laptop
      • System 64 bit os x64-based processor
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using another Ethernet cable?
      • yes, tried different cables
      • (also same ethernet cable & connection works on my mac notebook)
    • Have you made any changes to your computer setting before this issue occurred?
      • Can't say with certainty about changes, if any, made. Normally i don't fiddle with the laptop systems.
      • ethernet port was working just fine and suddenly became dsysfunctional about two weeks back.
      • Checked Network adapters in the device manager which highlights Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with a yellow mark. Also checked network adapter driver which states that installed driver is the latest.

aks45, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Sep 9, 2019
  4. MarcoArik Win User

Ethernet connection to laptop

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet connection to laptop

1. Ethernet connection to laptop - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection laptop

2. Ethernet connection to laptop w/o ethernet jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection to laptop w/o ethernet jack: Hi,A few months ago I bought a new Dell Inspiron 5502 laptop with an 11th gen, i7 processor but it does not have an Ethernet jack. My internet speed on my last Dell laptop wired with an Ethernet cable was always @ 100mbps speed but it went down when I use my new Dell laptop...
  3. Ethernet connection to laptop w/o ethernet jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection to laptop w/o ethernet jack: Hi,A few months ago I bought a new Dell Inspiron 5502 laptop with an 11th gen, i7 processor but it does not have an Ethernet jack. My internet speed on my last Dell laptop wired with an Ethernet cable was always @ 100mbps speed but it went down when I use my new Dell laptop...
  4. Ethernet Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection: I have a new PC and it has been connected to internet via ethernet cable - this has stopped working, tried cable in another device and not working there either - brand new cable, any suggestions on trying to solve?...
  5. Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable

Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable: when i connect 2 laptops Windows 10 together via ethernet cable can I still connect my laptops to the internet via ethernet while they are connected together?...
  6. Ethernet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Connectivity: I am going insane I've tried nearly everything I can think of but despite my internet connect being fine for every other device and my ethernet being plugged in I cant access the internet. I've done a network reset, I've done a router reset, I've updated drivers but I still...
  7. Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet

Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet: Hello, I have been scouring the internet looking for a solution, but I can't find one. My issue is that I can connect to my network and internet perfectly fine with wifi, but when I connect my ethernet cable into my laptop's port, it will show me the correct SSID name for...
  8. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  9. Ethernet connection in surface laptop

Ethernet connection in surface laptop: I am not able to connect lan wire to surface laptop, I have updated the drive, when I connect the wire laptop restarts. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connection-in-surface-laptop/ac64bc54-4ed9-472b-8fef-be0037006b3f
  10. Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting

Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting: i just got my new internet, modem and router. The tech hooked up everything to and it works. Laptop is connected via ethernet. The internet keeps disconnecting and connecting like every 5 to 20 mins. It would have that yellow triangle on the bottom saying no internet, then...