Windows 10: Ethernet connection to router, intermittent slowdown

Discus and support Ethernet connection to router, intermittent slowdown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Over the past week or so I have been having intermittent drastic slowdown in Internet connection speed. Trying to get to new webpage just hangs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dpx9922, Oct 3, 2020.

1. dpx9922 Win User

Ethernet connection to router, intermittent slowdown

Over the past week or so I have been having intermittent drastic slowdown in Internet connection speed. Trying to get to new webpage just hangs and when I check the speed with Speedtest it shows nothing or something like 3 kps for an 1Gbps Fios connection. Then it gets better. I have run network trouble shooters, removed and reinstalled the ethernet port, updated the requisite Intel drivers. I had a wifi connection in parallel and after disabling the ethernet adapter the wifi was not working either. Windows 10, 2004. I am running a custom build on a Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi mother board. I really don't know how to proceed.

:)

dpx9922, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Henry60AR Win User

Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Thanks Vijay. I went through your steps other than the repair upgrade, and there was no change. Before I do the repair upgrade, I want to check on another angle.

I went into Networks and Sharing and realized that Windows is simply not recognizing my Verizon modem/router as the Ethernet connection. The slow internet access is due to the fact that the desktop is picking up the WiFi signal, and it's not strong on this
    device.

For Ethernet, I get an "Unidentified Network" and when I click on Ethernet Status, the IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity lists "no network access". Looking at the Ethernet properties, the "Connect Using" lists Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Shouldn't it
    be the Verizon modem name? Also noticed that the Microsoft Network Adaptor Multiplexor Protocol is unchecked. Not sure if that matters.

I think what I need to do is somehow configure the Verizon modem again, but not sure how.

Henry60AR, Oct 3, 2020
  3. JBG123 Win User
    Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Their is only one phone jack where a modem can be placed in our house and it is to complicated to get Ethernet from the modem up to my computer. I can still connect with wireless internet but I want to be able to use Ethernet. The modem is a all in one (router+modem). If I buy a router and place it in my room can it connect to the all in one modem without using a phone jack (Just plugging it into the power outlet) alowing me to connect the router to the PC using Ethernet?

JBG123, Oct 3, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Unable to Connect to Router via Ethernet

Have you tried connecting to a different port on the router? Have you tried with a different Ethernet cable?

Open Device Manager (click Start, type Device Manager in the Search box, and press Enter).

Double-click "Network adapters" to expand the category

Double-click on each item in the Network adapters category and report:

• the complete name of the item
    • the item's Device Status (on the "General" tab)

With an Ethernet cable connected between the router and the laptop (and with an active wi-fi connection as well), please do the following:

Open a Command Prompt window (type cmd in the Search box and press Enter)

1. In the black Command Prompt window, type the following and press Enter after each line
    ipconfig /all > "%userprofile%\Desktop\ipinfo.txt"

notepad "%userprofile%\Desktop\ipinfo.txt"

exit

1. In the open Notepad window, click Edit > Select All (or press CTRL+A) then click Edit > Copy (or press Ctrl+C)
    2. In the body of your Question, Right-click > Paste (or press CTRL+V) the data from the Notepad window
    3. Close Notepad and delete ipinfo.txt from your Desktop

What is the make and model of the router as shown on the manufacturer's label?

LemP, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet connection to router, intermittent slowdown - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection router

2. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  3. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  4. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Powerline ethernet connection to router in other room.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powerline ethernet connection to router in other room.: I set up an ethernet connection via powerline through electric sock to the router in another room, hub of my home wi-fi network. Could it be visible to others in the building around me?Should I take any precautions or have settings set in a peculiar way?...
  6. Wiredethernet connecting to router as guest network, disconnecting intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiredethernet connecting to router as guest network, disconnecting intermittently: Hello all, I'm having issues with my LAN connection, as it seems to be connecting to some guest network on my router, an ASUS AC1900. I've combed through the router settings and have been unable to locate any 'guest network' option for wired connection. WiFi related guest...
  7. intermittent Ethernet issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    intermittent Ethernet issues.: I've been having intermittent issues with my ethernet cable for the last week or so for 5-30minutes it will go down once or twice a day at that time the WIFI still works so i have to switch to it. has anyone had a similar issue and would know how to fix it submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  9. Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection: A few days ago, I lost my internet connection on my HP desktop, where I use an ethernet cable. I contacted Verizon, and after some tests it was clear that the modem/router was not the problem as my other devices could access the web just fine via the WiFi connection. So it...
  10. ethernet adapter and router

ethernet adapter and router: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and my wife has a chromebook. I have bridged my ISP's gateway and used my own router before but it its old. First would you recommend my own router rather than the ISP gateway router I am using now? Secondly, to ensure security if the...