Windows 10: Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings

Discus and support Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As title suggests this is my issue, the steps i have to follow will be flushing the DNS followed by resetting the network settings followed by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexJarvis, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings

As title suggests this is my issue, the steps i have to follow will be flushing the DNS followed by resetting the network settings followed by the mandated restart.I Have only got one ethernet connection and no wifi on this PC which nails down the internet of which is detected.My issue is that i have to do this everytime now whenever i start my PC. there's times wherei may get internet for like 20 seconds then it makes like a unplugging windows noise and stops however i never find anything in event viewer ? i have done the whole going into device manager and reinstalling the driver yet that is

:)

AlexJarvis, Jun 20, 2021
  2. FrKasqar Win User

Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

Hi FreeBooter, I already came across this article and followed the steps with no results, I came across other articles that suggested the same steps but still nothing has worked? Thanks for the reply.

FrKasqar, Jun 20, 2021
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings

Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings

1. Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connection Works

2. I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to: I am in the hospital and just had surgery yesterday. I have my laptop, which has been connected to the free hospital wifi. I have my laptop playing all night. In the middle of the night the wifi stopped working. Nothing had changed, it just randomly stopped working. It showed...
  3. I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to: I am in the hospital and just had surgery yesterday. I have my laptop, which has been connected to the free hospital wifi. I have my laptop playing all night. In the middle of the night the wifi stopped working. Nothing had changed, it just randomly stopped working. It showed...
  4. I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  6. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  7. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

8. Ethernet connection stopped working overnight

Ethernet connection stopped working overnight: I'm on a Windows 10 computer. Overnight there was a big thunderstorm although I don't think that has anything to do with the ethernet connection, but figured I'd put it in here. System specs : Manufacturer : ABS computer technologies Processor : IntelR Core i7-8700K CPU @...
  9. Ethernet network connection

Ethernet network connection: I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying can't get access, check antivirus programme....
  10. Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Constantly have to reset HDR Settings: Hello, I recently got an HDR-capable monitor and have noticed, that I always have to readjust the slider "Change brightness for SDR content" when rebooting my computer or logging back in after I've been logged in via Remote Desktop. It always gets reset to the very minimum,...