Windows 10: Ethernet Connection

Discus and support Ethernet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new PC and it has been connected to internet via ethernet cable - this has stopped working, tried cable in another device and not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GabriellaKenny, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Ethernet Connection

I have a new PC and it has been connected to internet via ethernet cable - this has stopped working, tried cable in another device and not working there either - brand new cable, any suggestions on trying to solve?

:)

GabriellaKenny, Feb 5, 2021
  2. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Ethernet Connection

Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet Connection

1. Ethernet Connection - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connection

2. Ethernet connection failing after 20-40 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection failing after 20-40 seconds: Hello,This issue has gotten to the point where I'm suspecting a hardware issue, but I'm sharing all the steps I've taken + the issue itself in hopes of determining that there may have been something I overlooked.Issue: I recently acquired an Ethernet to USB 3.0 adapter for my...
  3. Ethernet connection failing after 20-40 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection failing after 20-40 seconds: Hello,This issue has gotten to the point where I'm suspecting a hardware issue, but I'm sharing all the steps I've taken + the issue itself in hopes of determining that there may have been something I overlooked.Issue: I recently acquired an Ethernet to USB 3.0 adapter for my...
  4. 2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?: To preface my questions, I am NOT trying to combine 2 ethernet connections to get any bumps in speed. The speed of both of my fiber ISPs is excellent.I am also not doing this to run programs/apps on specific ethernet connections. ===== The ProblemI have 2 ISPs running into my...
  5. 2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?

2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?: To preface my questions, I am NOT trying to combine 2 ethernet connections to get any bumps in speed. The speed of both of my fiber ISPs is excellent.I am also not doing this to run programs/apps on specific ethernet connections. ===== The ProblemI have 2 ISPs running into my...
  6. 2 separate ethernet connections into 1 desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.: My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found. Im not sure if this helps but, my IPv4 has wifi connection and my IPv6 says it has no network access. I really have no idea what I can do to fix this, I was hoping I could get some help,...
  8. My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.

My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.: My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found. Im not sure if this helps but, my IPv4 has wifi connection and my IPv6 says it has no network access. I really have no idea what I can do to fix this, I was hoping I could get some help,...
  9. My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.

10. Option to connect to wifi is gone on my laptop and is only giving me an option for ethernet

Option to connect to wifi is gone on my laptop and is only giving me an option for ethernet: When logging in to my laptop it showed that I was not connected to any network, even though I am normally connected to wifi, and when I tried to connect to my wifi it not longer shows the option too, it's saying I need to connect to an ethernet cable, I never have connected...