Windows 10: Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Discus and support Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem #1 I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ferg3, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Ferg3 Win User

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Problem #1

I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one computer, and only one computer (itself) on the other. I can see both of them as MEDIA DEVICES on both of them. I have searched the internet for a solution with no luck.

Problem #2

I get a Windows cannot access \\THE OTHER COMPUTER error on both. YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCESS… contact network Admin. That’s me. And I have tried everything I know to change permissions.

HELP!

:)

Ferg3, Jan 3, 2019

2. Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Jan 3, 2019
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers - Similar Threads - Ethernet connectivity between

2. Switch between two Ethernet connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch between two Ethernet connections: Hello,I have two ethernet connections, one is set with manual IP, the other one is set with Automatic IP DHCP. However, when I switch from manual to automatic to manual again, I lose the information related to the manual IP. How can I keep the two connections without...
  3. Networking between 2 computers

Networking between 2 computers: Windows version number desktop - 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) , Laptop 1909 (OS Build 18363.1256) Hi Everyone, I have 2 computers (next to each other), one is a desktop, one is a laptop, both running windows 10. I want to connect them together using the network. When I...
  4. Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet

Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet: I am baffled by how Windows 10 handles file sharing between computers these days. I remember the Homegroup option was a little wonky, but at least it worked. Here's the situation. I have my whole home wired with Cat 6 Ethernet. Every port is connected to one switch. Each...
  5. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !: Hi, Just upgraded 2 computers in the home. Replaced the hard drives and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on both. I have a Brothers MFC-L2680W that I used wireless on my wifes pc. After the upgrade I have 2 separate Ethernet cables out of the Router to the Desktops (Needed faster...
  6. Unsync Between 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsync Between 2 Computers: I recently got a new laptop, and I already own a Windows 10 PC. I logged in using my email that was also the email for my PC, and I synced the settings. After a while of having the settings synced using OneDrive, The shortcuts I have from my PC, are now showing up on my...
  7. 2 Different ethernet connections.

2 Different ethernet connections.: My ethernet connection(s) are very flaky, software frequently complaining that it is not connected. I think it is because I have 2 Different ethernet connections, Ethernet and Ethernet2; my "Home" workgroup appears to exist only on the Ethernet2 connection. How can I...
  8. Ethernet communication between two computers

Ethernet communication between two computers: Hello, I am having trouble completing the circuit for two way ethernet communication. I have a laptop running windows 10 home connected via ethernet to a desktop running windows 10 pro. I am able to access files on my desktop through my laptop via ethernet. However, I am...
  9. Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer: I am working in Windows 10 Professional (both computers) version 1803. I recently had to replace my router. My principal computer is the desktop which is connected via Ethernet. When I connected it, Windows set up a network which it called Network 2. When my wireless...
  10. connecting between 2 pc's

connecting between 2 pc's: I have 2 pc's. A win 10 and a win 7. They both can see each other but reject any attempts to login. I type in my username and password. Nothing. I assume those are my 'Network Credentials'. I don't even want to think about my old little XP laptop. WTF? Thanks. 70672