Windows 10: Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later

Discus and support Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, so I have this issue with my ethernet that for the past three days, disconnects at 11:00 pm, as soon as the clocks turn 11:00 pm and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rottenheartxx, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later

Hi there, so I have this issue with my ethernet that for the past three days, disconnects at 11:00 pm, as soon as the clocks turn 11:00 pm and I don't know why, I still don't know at what time come backs but I have checked at 3 am and it still says "No internet" and it's already back when I wake up at 7 am. Does it have to do with Windows? if so, how do I fix it? I read in a past answer from you to someone else back in 2016 saying that it might be caused by a corrupt network drivers or settings so I'll categorize it on Windows. Please help me and thank you in advance.

:)

rottenheartxx, Apr 21, 2021

2. Ethernet disconnecting

So this has been a problem for the past few days now. My ethernet disconnects and then says “No Internet access.” What im confused most about is that my wifi on other devices don’t do this. Is there anything i can do or try?

(Edit) its either a few hours later or the next day when i switch my PC back on it connects again

FinlayBrown1, Apr 21, 2021
  3. ern815 Win User
    Ethernet Connection gets broken at certain times

Hi both,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried resetting the network adapter and remove some wifi profiles. The ethernet connection is working now but not too sure if the problem will return later. Will post some updates later.

At the same time, I connect another ethernet cable to my playstation 4 and the connection was weak too. I'm not too sure whether or not it could be my router instead?

I'm currently using TP Link AV500 with 2 cables. One connects to my laptop while the other connects to my playstation.

- - - Updated - - -

Further update: the internet seems to lag again an hour later. Hence, I decided to unplug the cable cord between my TP link 500 adapter and the router and plug it into another port in my router. Turns out all are good now and the speed has seemingly improved. I will monitor again on this tomorrow and see if all are resolved.

Thanks for your help guys.

ern815, Apr 21, 2021
  4. essenbe Win User

Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later

Internet disconnects ramdomly

I'm just curious, you said it disconnects after about 6 hours. Is it possible that you are on a pretty strict schedule and turn the computer on at a certain time every day and it may be a certain time of day it disconnects and not just after 6 hours.

essenbe, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later

1. Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day and then comebacks a few hours later - Similar Threads - Ethernet disconnects certain

2. Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10.: Every few hours I will get a small nosedive in network activity that disconnects me from whatever I am doing. I have only noticed it in games and streaming content so far but I have no reason to believe its not happening in the background even when I'm not doing those things....
  3. RNDIS device gets randomly disconnected every few days

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RNDIS device gets randomly disconnected every few days: We have a custom USB Remote NDIS based network device using IPv6 communication. It works mostly very reliably on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 test machines. However, on some machines the network connection gets dropped after a couple of days of operation. Symptoms: When...
  4. Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.: Nothing of note in the Event Log. OS is fully updated (this has been happening for a while). BIOS memory check ok. Chkdsk okay. This is an HP desktop purchased in 2018. I even took it into my local shop, and they are scratching their heads. HP refuses to troubleshoot...
  5. Ping timeout every few hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ping timeout every few hours: I have a problem which my internet is not stable, I can't have a proper Zoom call for a while now. I checked my ping and it keeps timing out every few seconds. I have reset my network settings and it apears to fix the problem but only for a few hours, then it starts acting up...
  6. BSODs Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  7. Ethernet Identifying/Disconnecting Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Identifying/Disconnecting Every Few Seconds: Hello all, I've had this build for a few months now and everything has been working fine until a week or so ago my computer was no longer detecting that the Ethernet cord I had plugged in was there. Nothing physically changed from when I had last booted up so I suspect some...
  8. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  9. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...