Windows 10: Ethernet does not connect until I restart my PC

Discus and support Ethernet does not connect until I restart my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I first boot my PC the ethernet does not connect.I have tried resetting the network, uninstalling and reinstalling device and drivers.This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scrubbed, Oct 15, 2021.

1. scrubbed Win User

Ethernet does not connect until I restart my PC

Whenever I first boot my PC the ethernet does not connect.I have tried resetting the network, uninstalling and reinstalling device and drivers.This has begun happening now that I installed Windows 11.Any solutions?

:)

scrubbed, Oct 15, 2021

2. Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Oct 15, 2021
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 15, 2021
  4. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet does not connect until I restart my PC [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Ethernet does not connect until I restart my PC - Similar Threads - Ethernet does connect

2. Why does PC lag until I restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does PC lag until I restart: When I boot my gaming PC and type in my pin. It takes about 15 seconds to get into Microsoft account it loads forever. Then when I open a video game, mostly Valorant my game is super laggy and unplayable. But when I restart my PC the problem fixes....
  3. Why does PC lag until I restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does PC lag until I restart: When I boot my gaming PC and type in my pin. It takes about 15 seconds to get into Microsoft account it loads forever. Then when I open a video game, mostly Valorant my game is super laggy and unplayable. But when I restart my PC the problem fixes....
  4. Why does PC lag until I restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A game won't open until I restart my pc.

A game won't open until I restart my pc.: It doesn't happen to all of my games, only with one actually. I click on the game and the only thing it does is showing the loading circle but it goes away a second later and nothing else. It then opens when I restart my pc. It happened to another game a while ago but it's...
  6. PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment

PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment: So, I have a very interesting problem with my ethernet at my apartment. My PC can not detect that an ethernet cable is plugged into my computer unless I alter the 'speed & duplex' setting. Afterwards, it says that the 'ethernet does not have a valid IP address'. The part that...
  7. PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment: So, I have a very interesting problem with my ethernet at my apartment. My PC can not detect that an ethernet cable is plugged into my computer unless I alter the 'speed & duplex' setting. Afterwards, it says that the 'ethernet does not have a valid IP address'. The part that...
  8. Ethernet does not connect until I restart my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet does not connect until I restart my PC: Whenever I first boot my PC the ethernet does not connect.I have tried resetting the network, uninstalling and reinstalling device and drivers.This has begun happening now that I installed Windows 11.Any solutions?...
  9. Ethernet “unidentied network” until I restart router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet “unidentied network” until I restart router: I have installed an ethernet port in my office but I am struggling to get the network to connect reliably on my desktop. The network and cable are fine - it works reliably on a laptop also running windows 10. The PC can also happily connect via a USB WiFi. I have tried...
  10. Not connect until after i restart my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not connect until after i restart my pc: When i turn my PC on it doesn't connect the internet, i use a Ethernet wire which is not damaged. it doesn't show that i am connected to the router at all, its acting like the wire is completely unplugged. this is where it gets weird, when i restart my it works fine. the...