Windows 10: Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

Discus and support Ethernet does not have a valid ip address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gunterdomeron, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might be causing this issue is that my apartments requires you to register the ip of the device to connect to the wifi and ethernet. Normally, it will auto detect your ip to register the device, but for the ethernet I had to manually put in the ip address which I am 99% sure is the correct one. Before this notification was popping up, it was giving me a message saying that it could not detect that an ethernet cable was even plugged into the pc but I

:)

Gunterdomeron, Feb 10, 2022

2. No IP address for Ethernet connection

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

Solution 1 – Reboot the system

Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error can be caused by Fast Startup feature. To fix this error, you need to follow these steps to disable Fast Startup:

Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Now select Control Panel from the list of results.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration TP Link

Select the Power Options from Control Panel.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration TP Netgear

In the left pane, click on Choose what the power button does.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration Powerline

Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration router

Uncheck the box beside Turn on fast startup (recommended) near the bottom of the window to turn off Fast Startup.

Select Save changes.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP query

Reboot your computer.

Solution 2 – Check the Network Adapter Settings

The router works to designate the IP address automatically. This is the default setting, though you can still choose to assign a specific IP address. In that case, you ought to set the IP address to automatic first and check the Internet Properties for the
    correct settings once it is connected. Follow the instructions below:

Hold the Windows Key and press R.

Enter ncpa.cpl in the input field and click OK.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration Unidentified Network

Right click your Network Adapter in the Network Connections window and select Properties.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid connection

From the Ethernet Properties window, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid config

You will then see the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window. Enable the following options:

Obtain an IP Address Automatically

Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically

If obtaining the IP address and DNS automatically doesn’t fix the problem, you might want to consider setting both your IP address and DNS manually. To do that, follow these steps:

Open your connection properties, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.

Now select Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses. Fill in the data like on the screenshot below. After you’re done, click OK to save changes. To see the necessary information such as Default gateway and Subnet mask, you can
    just check connection properties on any other device that can connect successfully to your network.

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP address

Keep in mind that we changed our DNS to Google’s DNS in our solutions. According to users, it’s not mandatory to change both IP address and DNS, but if setting the IP address manually doesn’t help, be sure to change your DNS as well.

Solution 3 – Restart the router and check Ethernet cable

After performing the steps above, turn off your router or modem and switch it back on after five minutes. Now check if your PC has the valid IP configuration. If it still does not work, connect your router to your PC using a different Ethernet cable.

Otherwise, you may need to use a different router. If connecting to other routers won’t solve the problem, then there is an issue with your network card. Perform a factory restore to your network card, and if it does not help, replace it.

Solution 4 – Reinstall your Network Adapter

After completing the steps above, you must uninstall and reinstall your network adapter. Here is how:

Hold the Windows Key and press R.

Type hdwwiz.cpl in the input field and click OK.

Ethernet doesn't work

Expand the Network Adapters, right click on your Ethernet card, and choose Uninstall device.

Ethernet doesn't work on laptop

When the confirmation dialog appears, click on Uninstall.

Ethernet doesn't have IP configuration

Reinstall your network adapter using the driver accompanying the hardware.

If reinstalling the Ethernet card does not solve the problem, you should reinstall the network interface card using the latest version of the driver from the manufacturer’s portal.

Solution 5 – Use Command Prompt

If you can’t access Internet due to Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error message, you might be able to solve the problem by using Command Prompt. According to users, you can solve this problem simply by running a couple of commands. To do that,
    follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu. If Command Prompt isn’t available, feel free to use PowerShell (Admin) instead.

Ethernet doesn't connect to Internet

When Command Prompt opens, enter the following commands:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int IP reset

After running these commands, you just have to restart your PC in order to apply the changes. Once your PC restarts, the problem should be resolved and you’ll be able to access the Internet without any issues.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Feb 10, 2022
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 10, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

Pavan_N, Feb 10, 2022
Thema:

Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

1. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address - Similar Threads - Ethernet does valid

2. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration: Hello,I've been having this issue for months now. Semi-randomly, my ethernet will stop working, It says "Unidentified network" and underneath "No internet". It used to happen about once every month for about 4 days in a row, then going back to normal however nowadays it...
  3. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration: Hello,I've been having this issue for months now. Semi-randomly, my ethernet will stop working, It says "Unidentified network" and underneath "No internet". It used to happen about once every month for about 4 days in a row, then going back to normal however nowadays it...
  4. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet does not have a valid ip address: I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might be causing this issue is that my apartments requires you to register the ip of the device to connect to the wifi and...
  5. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet does not have a valid ip address: I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might be causing this issue is that my apartments requires you to register the ip of the device to connect to the wifi and...
  6. Ethernet Does Not have a Valid IP Address

Ethernet Does Not have a Valid IP Address: I cannot get my ethernet to register with a valid IP Address. I have taken the steps given to no avail. I have unplugged my router, then my modem. I turned them back on in reverse order after each one complete reengaged. Still nothing. I am at my wits end...I need help to...
  7. “Ethernet” does not have valid ip configuration

“Ethernet” does not have valid ip configuration: Hello, I recently moved my ethernet cable into my pc from my router to my modem and after doing so I didnt have internet connection so I troubleshooted it and it stated the following “Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration” with my connection saying Ethernet -...
  8. Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration: I just updated to Windows 10 Home 1903 and have been having trouble viewing some internet videos including on Youtube. So I ran the Network Adapter Troubleshooting tool and it told me: "Problem found: Ethernet doesn't have a valid configuration. Not fixed" It's the not fixed...
  9. ethernet does not have valid IP address

ethernet does not have valid IP address: I have a W10 PC away from my main computer linked to my main wireless network by an airport express. All worked well but when I re-started after an absence of a month I could not get connected to the internet from my remote computer and had the message 'Ethernet doesn't have...
  10. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration: Hi guys, I am running Windows 10 demo version. I have problems connecting to the net. I am shown the error along the lines of "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration". From command prompt I run "ipconfig/all" and here is the console's output: [img]...