Windows 10: Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

Discus and support Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am running Windows 10 demo version. I have problems connecting to the net. I am shown the error along the lines of "Ethernet does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ytq, Jan 17, 2016.

1. YTQ
    ytq Win User

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

Hi guys,

I am running Windows 10 demo version.

I have problems connecting to the net. I am shown the error along the lines of "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration".

From command prompt I run "ipconfig/all" and here is the console's output:

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration [​IMG]

When I run "ipconfig/renew" it fell through:

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration [​IMG]

I should add, I have no problems on Windows Vista however.

Any ideas?

:)

2. Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

Is it a name brand like Dell, HP, Lenovo or a computer you built yourself?

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 17, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

There is an issue with your network adapter (probably the device driver or messed up network settings). If Windows cannot get an IP address from the network, this is the IP it assigns itself. Check Device Manager, or re-install your network settings.

PJLLB, Jan 17, 2016
  5. How does one re-install network settings?Background:I started having problems after the Jan 13 critical update. Lost internet. Network diagnostics showed winsock registry entries missing. I used borgus' fix to get past that, now I have invalid IP config messages for both wired and wireless connections. network device drivers are up to date.Network Protocols Missing - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums!

BobsYourUncle, Jan 27, 2016
  6. According to this:

Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP config, windows 10 - windows 10 - Networking

The subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0, instead of 255.255.0.0.

Running ipconfig on my wife's laptop I see that it is 255.255.255.0, but 255.255.0.0 on the machine with the problem.

However, I don't know how fix this problem.

I tried manually setting the IP address (using the settings from my wife's laptop) into the ipv4 parameters and the invalid IP configuration error went away. Now when I run network diagnostics I get a message that there is an unknown problem. I tried pinging my router and get a general failure message.

Any ideas?

BobsYourUncle, Jan 27, 2016
  7. YTQ
    ytq Win User
    Just an update. I fixed the problem by... restarting the router *Smile

Thema:

1. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration - Similar Threads - Ethernet does valid

2. Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration: I just updated to Windows 10 Home 1903 and have been having trouble viewing some internet videos including on Youtube. So I ran the Network Adapter Troubleshooting tool and it told me: "Problem found: Ethernet doesn't have a valid configuration. Not fixed" It's the not fixed...
  3. "Ethernet does not have valid ip configuration" issue

"Ethernet does not have valid ip configuration" issue: I just turned my pc on and I had the little yellow triangle on my ethernet and it said Unidentified Network, No Internet Connection. I went to troubleshoot my ethernet and it said "Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration" and next to it it said "Failed" with an X but...
  4. Ip does not have valid ip configuration

Ip does not have valid ip configuration: i just resetted my pc again on windows 10. to fix wifi problems. but now it says ip doesnt not have valid ip configuration. i tried resetting the catalog and that stuff. didnt work....
  5. Ethernet adapter does not have valid IP configuration

Ethernet adapter does not have valid IP configuration: The internet has been out on my PC has been out for a while now, so I've run the troubleshooter and the problem found was that the "Ethernet" public network doesn't have a valid IP configuration, if anyone has a solution for this, it'd be appreciated...
  6. Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration: Hey, My gf's computer in her office (a school) was slow and riddled with viruses, so I had the bright idea to use the media creation tool to upgrade the machine to from win7 to win10 (x86) - clean install. Now, the ethernet that it was connected to before gives the error...
  7. Windows 10 - Ethernet Does Not Have a Valid IP Configuration

Windows 10 - Ethernet Does Not Have a Valid IP Configuration: I just build a computer and installed Windows 10. However, when I plug in an Ethernet cable, it says I am connected, but have no internet access. The troubleshooting error says that the Ethernet does not have a valid IP Configuration. This happens when I plug in my Ethernet...
  8. Ethernet does not have valid IP configuration, but WiFi working

Ethernet does not have valid IP configuration, but WiFi working: Good evening folks, I've run myself into a bit of a pickle with this one. After noticing that I had suddenly lost ethernet connectivity to my router, I went to go through the basic troubleshooting of restarting all of the things. Alas I was interrupted by a nice BSOD when...
  9. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello, I'm about 4 hours deep into trying to fix this. I've followed several forum posts with similar issues, with no luck. I've been running windows 10 on my PC with my current hardware (including modem/router) for about a year now with no issues. Yesterday I booted...
  10. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration: So i decided to move on wired network connection for some reason and i can't make it work. To sum it up, i have a router that has 2 ports which offer 10mbps apparently and other 2 with 100mbps. I tried all 4 with a laptop and they work as expected ( same cable used ). Now,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual machine ethernet doesnt have valid ip connections problem

2. ethernet does not have a valid ip config

3. i have a win10 dell pc why do i get this error everyday ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration