Windows 10: Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

Discus and support Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am running Windows 10 demo version. I have problems connecting to the net. I am shown the error along the lines of "Ethernet does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ytq, Jan 17, 2016.

1. YTQ
    ytq Win User

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

Hi guys,

I am running Windows 10 demo version.

I have problems connecting to the net. I am shown the error along the lines of "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration".

From command prompt I run "ipconfig/all" and here is the console's output:

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration [​IMG]

When I run "ipconfig/renew" it fell through:

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration [​IMG]

I should add, I have no problems on Windows Vista however.

Any ideas?

:)

2. Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

Is it a name brand like Dell, HP, Lenovo or a computer you built yourself?

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 17, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

There is an issue with your network adapter (probably the device driver or messed up network settings). If Windows cannot get an IP address from the network, this is the IP it assigns itself. Check Device Manager, or re-install your network settings.

PJLLB, Jan 17, 2016
  5. How does one re-install network settings?Background:I started having problems after the Jan 13 critical update. Lost internet. Network diagnostics showed winsock registry entries missing. I used borgus' fix to get past that, now I have invalid IP config messages for both wired and wireless connections. network device drivers are up to date.Network Protocols Missing - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums!

BobsYourUncle, Jan 27, 2016
  6. According to this:

Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP config, windows 10 - windows 10 - Networking

The subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0, instead of 255.255.0.0.

Running ipconfig on my wife's laptop I see that it is 255.255.255.0, but 255.255.0.0 on the machine with the problem.

However, I don't know how fix this problem.

I tried manually setting the IP address (using the settings from my wife's laptop) into the ipv4 parameters and the invalid IP configuration error went away. Now when I run network diagnostics I get a message that there is an unknown problem. I tried pinging my router and get a general failure message.

Any ideas?

BobsYourUncle, Jan 27, 2016
  7. YTQ
    ytq Win User
    Just an update. I fixed the problem by... restarting the router *Smile

Thema:

1. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration - Similar Threads - Ethernet does valid

2. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration: Hello,I've been having this issue for months now. Semi-randomly, my ethernet will stop working, It says "Unidentified network" and underneath "No internet". It used to happen about once every month for about 4 days in a row, then going back to normal however nowadays it...
  3. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration: Hello,I've been having this issue for months now. Semi-randomly, my ethernet will stop working, It says "Unidentified network" and underneath "No internet". It used to happen about once every month for about 4 days in a row, then going back to normal however nowadays it...
  4. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration: I installed a new graphics card into my computer today not sure if relevant, and now I am dealing with the errorethernet does not have a valid ip configuration. I have two PCs connected to my router through ethernet, pc1 and pc2. PC1 is completely fine and experienced no...
  6. Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration: Lost the desktop PC nternet access but fortunately still have it on the linked chromebook. Last Windows update was 9th September so not likely to be the cause. Suggestions to sort this very welcome Thanks Can't find the Windows Version number until the internet connection...
  7. Ethernet 2 Does Not Have a Valid IP Configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet 2 Does Not Have a Valid IP Configuration: Hi everyone, I recently built a new gaming computer and I’ve been having some networking issues. I have an Asrock B550 Extreme4 motherboard, a Ryzen 7 3700X processor, 16 gigabytes of trident gskill 3600 MHz RAM, and a RTX 2070 super although I’m not sure that information is...
  8. “Ethernet” does not have valid ip configuration

“Ethernet” does not have valid ip configuration: Hello, I recently moved my ethernet cable into my pc from my router to my modem and after doing so I didnt have internet connection so I troubleshooted it and it stated the following “Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration” with my connection saying Ethernet -...
  9. Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration: I just updated to Windows 10 Home 1903 and have been having trouble viewing some internet videos including on Youtube. So I ran the Network Adapter Troubleshooting tool and it told me: "Problem found: Ethernet doesn't have a valid configuration. Not fixed" It's the not fixed...
  10. "Ethernet does not have valid ip configuration" issue

"Ethernet does not have valid ip configuration" issue: I just turned my pc on and I had the little yellow triangle on my ethernet and it said Unidentified Network, No Internet Connection. I went to troubleshoot my ethernet and it said "Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration" and next to it it said "Failed" with an X but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual machine ethernet doesnt have valid ip connections problem

2. ethernet does not have a valid ip config

3. i have a win10 dell pc why do i get this error everyday ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration