Windows 10: Ethernet does not want to connect

Discus and support Ethernet does not want to connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just started up my new PC that I just bought and now I need help with a problem. My network notification says that I have Ethernet connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ACMDogfight1997, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Ethernet does not want to connect

I have just started up my new PC that I just bought and now I need help with a problem.

My network notification says that I have Ethernet connection but no internet connection. The cable was okay and plugged in properly. I checked network and sharing center, diagnosed and got the message that "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP connection". I looked online to see how to fix the problem but I'm afraid that I may have changed something I shouldn't have. I disabled and enabled Ethernet and restarted the PC but the issue persists.

Any idea to fix this is appreciated.

PC: ABS Computer Technologies Desktop Computer ALI052 Intel Core i3 6100 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com

:)

ACMDogfight1997, Jul 2, 2016

2. ethernet connection

I am having trouble with my ethernet connection with my windows 10 laptop. the ethenet connection suddenly drops and then connects to the wifi which i do not want to do. it does this constantly and my internet is working fine and the ethernet cable im
    using also. how can i fix this?

alexiscarreon, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Shandley Win User
    Windows System Tray Network Icon When Connected to VPN

I have noticed that the network icon in the system tray changes from a wireless symbol to the Ethernet symbol when connected to a VPN (using a wireless adapter for network connection).

This can get confusing but I did get use to it... until yesterday's update. Now, it does not change at all.

Why does it not change to a VPN icon of some sort? Perhaps a hybrid of wireless & VPN icon if using a wireless adapter, or a Ethernet & VPN icon if using an Ethernet adapter.

Think about it. Who doesn't want to know when they are connected to their VPN? Or, more importantly, disconnected?

Shandley, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Ethernet does not want to connect

ACMDogfight1997, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

Ethernet does not want to connect

1. Ethernet does not want to connect - Similar Threads - Ethernet does connect

2. Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?: I have 3 routers as access points with a laptop and a tv connected via ethernet cables. Periodically the laptop's ethernet connection stops working and I have to reboot the main router - even though wifi is still working and the ethernet line to the tv still works. The router...
  3. Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my laptop ethernet connection drop but wifi and ethernet connected tv don't?: I have 3 routers as access points with a laptop and a tv connected via ethernet cables. Periodically the laptop's ethernet connection stops working and I have to reboot the main router - even though wifi is still working and the ethernet line to the tv still works. The router...
  4. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  5. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  6. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

7. PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment: So, I have a very interesting problem with my ethernet at my apartment. My PC can not detect that an ethernet cable is plugged into my computer unless I alter the 'speed & duplex' setting. Afterwards, it says that the 'ethernet does not have a valid IP address'. The part that...
  8. PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC ethernet connection does not work at apartment: So, I have a very interesting problem with my ethernet at my apartment. My PC can not detect that an ethernet cable is plugged into my computer unless I alter the 'speed & duplex' setting. Afterwards, it says that the 'ethernet does not have a valid IP address'. The part that...
  9. Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection: The ethernet port on my motherboard does not work so I have been using an ethernet to usb adapter for several years. My computer was on Win10 ver 105XX long story earlier today with no internet connection issues. I fully updated to ver 19041 will all optional updates and now...
  10. How does one split ethernet connection?

How does one split ethernet connection?: Hello folks, Apologies if this question sounds super basic. I have an issue with my wifi. The router is provided by the cable company, and almost everyone in the apartment block has same ISP and same type of router. There is so much conflict (that is my guess) with the...