Windows 10: Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common...

Discus and support Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been able to use a swift ethernet connection via LAN cable for a while now, however, one day I woke up to the grim Wi-Fi icon on my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Miguel Malmqvist, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common...

I have been able to use a swift ethernet connection via LAN cable for a while now, however, one day I woke up to the grim Wi-Fi icon on my desktop. This happened randomly and I spent about 10-15 hours of research on this and how to fix it.

Nothing worked.

Itried:

-Using 2 different routers, my main family one and a portable one.

-Using 3 different LAN cables, 2 CAT6 cables and another CAT5e.

-Reinstalling ethernet drivers.

-Installing new ethernet drivers.

-Done the network reset option.

-Plugging the cables in diffrent waysto test whether or not there was a specific input/output port.

After all of those attempts, nothing seems to have helped me gain my ethernet connection back.

Is there anyone out there that has had this issue before and that knows how to fix it?

It would be great to get some help here since my Wi-Fi connection is awful compared to my ethernet connection.

:)

Miguel Malmqvist, Nov 6, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common... [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common... [​IMG]

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Ethernet Connection Issue - WIFI is working but Not Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that the Ethernet is not working and you are getting the error message “Unidentified network”. This might be due to the corrupt network adapters.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the system?

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Method 2: I would also suggest you to
    reset TCP/IP if you have Internet connection issues.

Please follow the below steps for the same

1. Type command prompt in the Search bar and then right click and Run as Administrator mode.

2. Type the command netsh int ip reset.

3. Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common...

Network & Internet Status says Not Connected yet Ethernet is Connected!!

Hi,

If updating your PC was the only change made prior to the issue, then we suggest that you download the latest network adapter from the manufacturer's website. An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems.

Before doing so, let's first try to diagnose and fix common connection problems using the Network troubleshooter. To run the Network troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

If the troubleshooter can't identify the problem, proceed with updating the network adapter driver. If the issue persists, try to install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Aileen Alf, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common...

1. Ethernet does not work even after resinstalling drivers, resetting network and other common... - Similar Threads - Ethernet does resinstalling

2. Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset: As a preface: I’m not really tech-savvy.I’ve encountered an issue with my laptop about a month or so ago: it would no longer recognize the Wi-fi and Bluetooth adapters in its hardware. I followed a friend’s advice and uninstalled the newest at the time Windows update. The...
  3. Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset: As a preface: I’m not really tech-savvy.I’ve encountered an issue with my laptop about a month or so ago: it would no longer recognize the Wi-fi and Bluetooth adapters in its hardware. I followed a friend’s advice and uninstalled the newest at the time Windows update. The...
  4. Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers: Around a week and a half ago Audio on my PC stopped working completely, the only reason this would happen would be because as i was setting up my PC again, i didnt plug in the LAN cable as i was just checking if it booted another person's home, The router was in a way...
  5. Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?: Hi there, firstly I apologise if this space is not for asking questions. I've been tirelessly and frustratingly been trying to fix this problem for the past month but the problem persists unfortunately. I have a small business with 3 computers on the premises all connected to...
  6. Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers: My desktop is connected via Ethernet to my router and it shows up with my network name and as connected but it won't load any webpages or anything and if I do a Speedtest thru the Microsoft store app I get 0.03 mbps before going down to 0 and I only get 1.5 mbps on the...
  7. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  8. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  9. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  10. Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation

Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation: Hi there! So I tried to update from Windows 8 to 10 last week. That didn't work for me, so I had to format everything and install Windows 10 afterwards. At first neither W-LAN nor LAN would work. Then I un- & reinstalled the W-LAN driver so now everything's fine except...