Windows 10: "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Discus and support "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i decided to move on wired network connection for some reason and i can't make it work. To sum it up, i have a router that has 2 ports which offer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Agent BuBu, Jun 25, 2017.

1. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

So i decided to move on wired network connection for some reason and i can't make it work. To sum it up, i have a router that has 2 ports which offer 10mbps apparently and other 2 with 100mbps. I tried all 4 with a laptop and they work as expected ( same cable used ). Now, the same router, same ports, same cable, the ports that offer 100mbps won't be recognized by my pc, the ones with 10mbps will be. I have a Z270 Tomahawk mobo with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed on a SSD. I tried a bunch of stuff to fix the issue, including resetting the router, the network settings, the UEFI, reinstalling network drivers, none worked.
    At this point i don't know what to do, i'm sticked with my wireless adapter and i can't game on it, only connectivity issues in games. Hopefully i'll find the answer here, thanks.

:)

Agent BuBu, Jun 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 Update of 09/22/2016 Disconnected my Network Drives

Diagnosis reports: "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration." There's no support offered for how to get a "valid IP configuration".

JoeHudak Jr., Jun 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 upgrade and "ethernet" does not have a valid IP configuration

Windows 10 upgrade and "ethernet" does not have a valid IP configuration

JSteveRobison, Jun 25, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Welcome to the forum. With a network cable plugged in open a CMD prompt then type

Ipconfig /all

Post results

Samuria, Jun 25, 2017
  5. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration [​IMG]

Agent BuBu, Jun 25, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    You dont get an ip you get default one starting 169 if its a known good cable and router port its either a faulty network card or its not getting an ip as its no negogiating the correct speed. Open a admin cmd prompt then type these cmds after reboot and try again

netsh advfirewall reset
    netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state ON

netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsh int ipv4 reset
    netsh int ipv6 reset

Samuria, Jun 26, 2017
  7. Hello and thanks for your response,

I did every command above and, unfortunately, none solved the issue, nada. I repeat myself, the same cable worked in the same router port at 100mbps, with my pc it doesnt want ti cooperate. I'm going to try to run linux, see if it's a hardware issue or not.
    I also want to point out that i dont have any network card.

I also want to add that, at some point, during this day, after plugging in the cable to my laptop, unplugging from router, replugging in different ports etc, i managed to make it run on my computer, i can't remember the exact procedure as i did everything randomly, but after a restart everything goes back to as it was.

Agent BuBu, Jun 26, 2017
  8. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Ok, so, i ran linux and, at first, it didnt want to connect, then i manually added the ip, netmask and gateway and it did connect, running however only at 10mbps, tho with the same cable, the same router port i ran at 100mbps on my laptop. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Agent BuBu, Jun 26, 2017
  9. Samuria Win User
    What setting have you got for the network often setting it to full duplex will give this problem if its set to auto speed try setting to 100 meg

Samuria, Jun 26, 2017
  10. Hello and thanks for your response,
    I tried twice actually to run it at custom speed, 100mbps full duplex. Then, i re-enabled the network connection but it was still having issues. I even went to the UEFI and enabled from there, in the NIC settings, ipv4 and ipv6 support and custom 100mbps full duplex setting. Still no solve.

Agent BuBu, Jun 26, 2017
  11. Samuria Win User
    Full duplex will casue it youdont want that as it sends and recieves both at the same time most routers cant keep up with it

Samuria, Jun 26, 2017
  12. Ok, i'll proceed in the morning, as soon as i wake up, thanks.

Agent BuBu, Jun 26, 2017
  13. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Ok, so, i couldn't wait till the morning so i did try to apply your steps but, unfortunately, neither half duplex nor full duplex work, 10mbps and 100mbps. I also want to show you this ( this happens everytime before ending up with "Unidentified network ) [youtube]79kuKvYzRVQ[/youtube]
    The part you see at the end of the video represents the leds status of the ethernet port

Agent BuBu, Jun 26, 2017
  14. EDIT : I moved the router next to my pc and tried another brand new cable. It proved to be the cable, ethernet worked just fine. Case closed.

Agent BuBu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration

1. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration - Similar Threads - Ethernet doesn't valid

2. ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: upon opening my computer my ethernet wouldn't connect. diagnosing the problem through settings gave me the error : "ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" i've already tried : - restarting computer- resetting network settings- resetting the network adapter -...
  3. ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: upon opening my computer my ethernet wouldn't connect. diagnosing the problem through settings gave me the error : "ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" i've already tried : - restarting computer- resetting network settings- resetting the network adapter -...
  4. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration”: I just upgraded to BT Hub 5. I haven’t been able to get my desktop Dell Precision Tower 7810 my work horse to connect to the internet due to captioned error.I’ve tried everything from disabling fast start, to reinstalling windows from a recovery date, to command prompt -...
  5. "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid ip configuration: So I was just playing a game peacefully, then suddenly the wifi went out, I tried restarting the router. I'm in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration/6cf1f4f5-a75e-4112-a491-9df590c3e486
  6. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: The issue is that my computer will still be connected to the internet however since the network is unknown I cannot use it. This happens almost every time I turn on my computer from after a shutdown or after a couple of hours in sleep mode. I run the network troubleshooter...
  7. Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration: My ethernet stopped working a week ago, my brother came home from overseas and he has a desktop PC set up so i don't know if that affects anything but I've tried everything the past week and nothing was fixed. The ethernet connection says "unidentified network" and running...
  8. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: I have Ethernet over power to a pc, and a laptop in another room, the laptop received the message the "Ethernet doesn't have a valid i p configuration". I tried all of Googles fix it tips but nothing has worked, I decided to plug a spare Ethernet cable into the router and...
  9. Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration: Hey, My gf's computer in her office (a school) was slow and riddled with viruses, so I had the bright idea to use the media creation tool to upgrade the machine to from win7 to win10 (x86) - clean install. Now, the ethernet that it was connected to before gives the error...
  10. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello, I'm about 4 hours deep into trying to fix this. I've followed several forum posts with similar issues, with no luck. I've been running windows 10 on my PC with my current hardware (including modem/router) for about a year now with no issues. Yesterday I booted...