Windows 10: Ethernet Down due to error 56

Discus and support Ethernet Down due to error 56 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi recently i’ve been having a problem with my PC’s ethernet. To get some stuff out of the way: I built it so no warrenty / manufacture support.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RealmsYT, Jan 22, 2020.

1. RealmsYT Win User

Ethernet Down due to error 56

Hi recently i’ve been having a problem with my PC’s ethernet.

To get some stuff out of the way:

I built it so no warrenty / manufacture support.

My PC doesn’t have a wifi adaptor so ths problem is purely ethernet related.

Under network adapters my ethernet cable shows up alongside a yellow caution symbol, and comes up with the error code 56 “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device” in the device status.

The drivers are fully up to date and the ethernet works fine on other devices. As well as that, uninstalling / deactivating / reactivating / scanning for hardware changes / restarting doesn’t work no matter the combination.

Any help would be lovely -Realms

:)

RealmsYT, Jan 22, 2020

2. Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

Hi,

I had to reinstall the RealTek Ethernet driver on my Windows 10 [1803] 64 Bit V5.3 2019 machine

The device manager shows the status as "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

I do not have any VPN connection

I disabled Anit virus and tried installing the driver and still got the same error

Any suggestion to resolve the issue

Thanks

Mahesh Subrmaniam, Jan 22, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet Down due to error 56 install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet Down due to error 56 pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet Down due to error 56 select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet Down due to error 56 Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Ethernet Down due to error 56

Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Down due to error 56

1. Ethernet Down due to error 56 - Similar Threads - Ethernet Down due

2. Error event ID 56

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error event ID 56: Occasionally when I play a game or watch a video, sometimes even when I just browse the internet - Windows hangs. The only way to resume PC's work is to click holding not needed the power button on a pc block.After the boot, in the Event manager I see following errors from...
  3. Error event ID 56

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error event ID 56: Occasionally when I play a game or watch a video, sometimes even when I just browse the internet - Windows hangs. The only way to resume PC's work is to click holding not needed the power button on a pc block.After the boot, in the Event manager I see following errors from...
  4. Error event ID 56

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window code 56 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window code 56 error: Unable to use because Wifi is not showing and all drivers have yellow triangle and it is showing that Window is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56...
  6. Window code 56 error

Window code 56 error: Unable to use because Wifi is not showing and all drivers have yellow triangle and it is showing that Window is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56...
  7. Error de evento 56

Error de evento 56: Hi, I am tired of this problem with my PC change MB, PSU, RAM, SSD and the problem persists. I did a clean installation of W11 because it was already out of sorts. I can't solve that problem. update bios, firmware drivers etc. the truth is not that I need help please. The...
  8. Problem with Ethernet Code 56

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Ethernet Code 56: Hello! Today when i tried to plug in the ethernet cable it sudd enly didnt work, it has been working great until now i get the warning sign and a message that says ”Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device, Code 56” and i have been trying to fix...
  9. Network drivers won’t work due to error code 56

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network drivers won’t work due to error code 56: My wifi and ethernet both have a error code 56 not sure how it happened as i dont have an vpn connections havent done any updates or anything ive tried to reset network, uninstall it then scan for hardware changes im really not sure what to do at this point i have no network...
  10. Unhandled Exception Error 56

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unhandled Exception Error 56: Hi I have a problem that is really bugging me, and I was hoping somebody might have seen something similar before. I have an old program (2008) that runs fine on a Windows 7 laptop and on a Windows 10 desktop. I am trying to use it on a different laptop (Windows 7 or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 56 windows 10 all devices

2. windows class configuration code 56 2020