Windows 10: Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep

Discus and support Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Ethernet driver is missing after recover from sleep. I cant see the driver on Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections. And the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LimChong Gee, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep

My Ethernet driver is missing after recover from sleep. I cant see the driver on Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections. And the USB ports all are not working. But once i restart the laptop, everything goes fine.

What i have done
    -------------------

- update bios

- update driver

- turn off fast startup

Please help as i need to restart my laptop more than 5 times

:)

LimChong Gee, Mar 7, 2019

2. Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 7, 2019
  3. ethernet driver missing

I don't know what happened, but my ethernet driver is missing. How do I reinstall it?

aldrinmalaki2707, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep

1. Ethernet driver missing after recover from sleep - Similar Threads - Ethernet driver missing

2. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  3. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  4. Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep: Hi,In my Windows 10 Pro Laptop, the LAN Ethernet disconnects automatically after sleep and does not getting connected unless restarted.Brand: DellModel: Latitude 3490Tried fixes:1. Installed new LAN driver2. Changed network adapter power saving settings3. BIOS UpdatedKindly...
  5. Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep: Hi,In my Windows 10 Pro Laptop, the LAN Ethernet disconnects automatically after sleep and does not getting connected unless restarted.Brand: DellModel: Latitude 3490Tried fixes:1. Installed new LAN driver2. Changed network adapter power saving settings3. BIOS UpdatedKindly...
  6. Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep: In mid-March, I bought a new custom-built desktop computer running Windows 10 that includes a motherboard with a RealTek PCIe GBE family network controller, which worked perfectly until several days ago. A couple of weeks back, I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud and...
  7. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep: Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh and quite pleasant picture. Sometimes I click, or double click and it brings up the Windows "Sign In" box which I click and...
  8. Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep: Greetings, I have a HP Pavillion g7 laptop running Windows 10. After a long sleep (hours long), my Ethernet connection goes down. A shut down and reboot is usually how I'm able to get the Ethernet connected again. I did see this error a few times "Ethernet Connection does...
  9. Waking From Sleep: Display Driver Stops Working, Recovers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Waking From Sleep: Display Driver Stops Working, Recovers: Every time I put my computer to sleep for more than a few minutes, the display driver (nvidia gtx 770, 355.60 driver) crashes and recovers immediately. The gpu is not overclocked. Any ideas? 20024
  10. Solved recover from sleep bluescreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Solved recover from sleep bluescreen: For the last several days I have been puzzled about the fact that suddenly my computer would not wake up from sleep any more without bluecreening, although it would go to sleep all right. I don't know if this was caused by a windows update or some other reason. I even posted...