Windows 10: Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall

Discus and support Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I was updating my intel ethernet drivers. I had 23.5.1 installed and wanted to install 23.5.2. The removal of 23.5.1 was already completed and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kaha, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Kaha Win User

Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall

Hello
    I was updating my intel ethernet drivers.
    I had 23.5.1 installed and wanted to install 23.5.2.
    The removal of 23.5.1 was already completed and I already started the installer for 23.5.2 when I suddenly had a Bluescreen.
    After starting the PC up again 23.5.1 is still listed as installed in "Apps and Features" but for the i211-AT adapter it already shows the default Windows driver as being used in the device manager.
    When trying to remove it through Windows "Apps and Features" or when running the 23.5.2 installer PROWinx64 I get following message because it wants to remove 23.5.1 first:

Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall [​IMG]

It's German and basically says the feature is on resource that is not available and wants me to select the folder that contains the PROSETDX.msi.

But the PROSETDX.msi file is in the same folder as described:

and when manually selecting it I get following message:
    Basically saying the select file is not a valid installation package for 23.5.1 and to search the file in another folder.

So obviously this got all f'ed up because of the Bluescreen.
    Is there a way to fix this without a new installation of Windows?
    I don't have a system restore point to use.
    Any help appreciated.

Adapter: Intel i211-AT

:)

Kaha, Apr 7, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Ethernet Driver issues.

first is uninstall everything the driver and the vga card. remove all the registry that connected to it too
    then install the ethernet driver then make sure your internet works
    then try to install the vga driver but just the driver only
    but i guess better if you give any screenshot coz its kinda strange

micropage7, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall

Ethernet Driver is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

If you have not yet tried this then I suggest you to follow this step to test if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the Network Adaptor.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the default device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall

1. Ethernet driver not fully removed after uninstall - Similar Threads - Ethernet driver fully

2. Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver: Hello all. I have a laptop which came with Windows 11 installed. At first there were no issues but for the past week my Ethernet cable does not get recognized by my laptop. Following the steps I have seen here in similar questions, I unplug my cable, uninstall the Ethernet...
  3. Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver: Hello all. I have a laptop which came with Windows 11 installed. At first there were no issues but for the past week my Ethernet cable does not get recognized by my laptop. Following the steps I have seen here in similar questions, I unplug my cable, uninstall the Ethernet...
  4. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver: I've searched and searched, and the methods I have found all require printmanagement.msc which no longer exists. I have changed printers. I have removed the old printer from Printers & Scanners.I have removed the associated programs from Apps.Programs such as Word and...
  5. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver: I've searched and searched, and the methods I have found all require printmanagement.msc which no longer exists. I have changed printers. I have removed the old printer from Printers & Scanners.I have removed the associated programs from Apps.Programs such as Word and...
  6. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

7. [Solved] Driver not fully removed after uninstall

[Solved] Driver not fully removed after uninstall: Hello I was updating my intel ethernet drivers. I had 23.5.1 installed and wanted to install 23.5.2. The removal of 23.5.1 was already completed and I already started the installer for 23.5.2 when I suddenly had a Bluescreen. After starting the PC up again 23.5.1 is...
  8. Network driver not fully removed after uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network driver not fully removed after uninstall: Hello I was updating my intel ethernet drivers. I had 23.5.1 installed and wanted to install 23.5.2. The removal of 23.5.1 was already completed and I already started the installer for 23.5.2 when I suddenly had a Bluescreen. After starting the PC up again 23.5.1 is still...
  9. Driver not fully removed after uninstall

Driver not fully removed after uninstall: Hello I was updating my intel ethernet drivers. I had 23.5.1 installed and wanted to install 23.5.2. The removal of 23.5.1 was already completed and I already started the installer for 23.5.2 when I suddenly had a Bluescreen. After starting the PC up again 23.5.1 is...
  10. Can't fully uninstall program

Can't fully uninstall program: I had a program that was giving me trouble, I tried to uninstall it from the control panel and also from settings/system/apps & features. It will not uninstall fully. The program has 486M for size but 66M is still in someplace. Trying to uninstall only goes halfway on the...