Windows 10: Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation

Discus and support Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there! So I tried to update from Windows 8 to 10 last week. That didn't work for me, so I had to format everything and install Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windoge10, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Windoge10 Win User

Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation

Hi there!

So I tried to update from Windows 8 to 10 last week.
    That didn't work for me, so I had to format everything and install Windows 10 afterwards.

At first neither W-LAN nor LAN would work. Then I un- & reinstalled the W-LAN driver so now everything's fine except for my ethernet connection.

- Adapter is enabled
    - I have un- & reinstalled the driver multiple times (even tried compatability mode, since some sites state that the latest version for AR8161 only supports win 8)
    - I was about a thousand times in the properties menu of the ethernet adapter

The full name of the adapter is "Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)"

I really do not want to lose all the stuff I already configured, so if some of you can help me with this issue I would be very grateful.
    Huge Edit:

I just ran diagnostics on the ethernet adapter and after trying to fix some network protocols Windows prompted me with this.
    So I tried to fix this by entering
    Code: Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup[/quote] Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] in cmd which sadly didn't do the trick.
    Neither did entering
    Code: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt[/quote] in cmd (admin ofc) after editing the permissions for the "26" folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Nsi/{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc} so the group "everyone" has "full control".

Long story short: I am still stuck here w/ the "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" -problem.

:)

Windoge10, Feb 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 - WiFi doesnt work - Intel (R) Centrino (R) Advanced N-6205

Problem solved.

as described by IrvingAJ, I reinstalled win10 by windows update while connected via Ethernet. After the upgrade installed it updated the wifi adapter driver - I don't know from what source. When upgrade cycles completed, I unplugged Ethernet and wifi worked.
    Has been working constantly with no issues for going on 3 days.

theJasonBarrett, Feb 17, 2016
  3. BobK2014 Win User
    No Network initialisation during POST / Boot

Thanks for the reply Ratandeep.

The network adapter troubleshooter reported could not identify a problem.

Checking Lenovo's drivers did not show a Win10 Ethernet driver, I downloaded the win10 WiFi driver but when trying to install it reported "no appropriate driver to be installed".

Trying to update the drivers from device manager, choosing automatic search, just produces the response "latest driver installed".

Is there a way to force re-installation of the existing W10 Ethernet driver?

The problem still exists, - any more ideas?

BobK2014, Feb 17, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Feb 18, 2016
  5. Windoge10 Win User
    Atm I installed the driver from this driver pack because I wasn't sure about this driver here since the table states that it's not compatible w/ Win10.
    (I am running x64 btw)

Windoge10, Feb 18, 2016
  6. One of the best source of drivers I've used is Station-Drivers.com.

Go to their site, select the Language of choice (English is NOT the default), then click the Drivers button, then click the Chipset Cards & Networks button/Qualcomm, then scroll down and click Qualcomm / Atheros.

Then click Lan.

Select the driver set you want and download them.

Good Luck

Mark Phelps, Feb 20, 2016
  7. Windoge10 Win User
    Tried Code: PnPUtil -i -a netl1c63x64.inf[/quote] (Yes, I did "cd" before), got it to install the driver. Ezpz.
    Only problem: Internet is still not working via LAN. :/

PS: I updated my original post, so maybe you got more information to work with now.

Windoge10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation - Similar Threads - Ethernet Driver Working

2. Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver: Hello all. I have a laptop which came with Windows 11 installed. At first there were no issues but for the past week my Ethernet cable does not get recognized by my laptop. Following the steps I have seen here in similar questions, I unplug my cable, uninstall the Ethernet...
  3. Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable getting recognized only after uninstalling and re-installing the ethernet driver: Hello all. I have a laptop which came with Windows 11 installed. At first there were no issues but for the past week my Ethernet cable does not get recognized by my laptop. Following the steps I have seen here in similar questions, I unplug my cable, uninstall the Ethernet...
  4. Ethernet won't work after installing Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet won't work after installing Hyper-V: Hello,I installed Hyper-V, and set up a virtual machine, but after I shut it down, I noticed my internet doesn't work. I looked at task manager, and it didn't detect the network card. I looked at device manager, and it said my card under network adapters, but it had a warning...
  5. Cant install ethernet driver

Cant install ethernet driver: When i try to install the driver i get this error this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. code 31, i tried installing legacy but then dont work, i've tried windows update and does not work either, when i go into...
  6. Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers

Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers: My desktop is connected via Ethernet to my router and it shows up with my network name and as connected but it won't load any webpages or anything and if I do a Speedtest thru the Microsoft store app I get 0.03 mbps before going down to 0 and I only get 1.5 mbps on the...
  7. Fresh install, latest drivers, Ethernet works but not showing ssid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install, latest drivers, Ethernet works but not showing ssid: [ATTACH] Not much of an issue i know but i would like to know why it's won't show my networks name for peace of mind. https://preview.redd.it/agmbbmnln0m51.png?width=358&format=png&auto=webp&s=0c0a8c866e56e863bcf9c5e160941a0af00442d4 submitted by /u/FLavoredbiscotti...
  8. Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install: Do you need to install now the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website or the Win10 install them by itself? I mean for example chipset drivers submitted by /u/MrGohut [link] [comments]...
  9. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  10. USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10?: Hi I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. My computer has: 1. standard built in USB ports (to the motherboard), 2. PCI USB 2 card 3. PCI USB 3 card For some reason, only the built in USB ports work properly. The USB3 card works with external drives,...