Windows 10: Ethernet driver problem

Discus and support Ethernet driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with the Internet, more precisely with the Ethernet driver after installing a firewall Zone Alarm. Once I uninstalled my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by netplwiz, Feb 17, 2019.

1. netplwiz Win User

Ethernet driver problem

Hello, I have a problem with the Internet, more precisely with the Ethernet driver after installing a firewall Zone Alarm.
    Once I uninstalled my computer started laugging and erasing all Zone Alarm firewall drivers I did not have internet, how can I solve this problem, thank you in advance.

:)

netplwiz, Feb 17, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet driver problem install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet driver problem pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet driver problem select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet driver problem Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Ethernet driver problem

Ethernet Driver is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

If you have not yet tried this then I suggest you to follow this step to test if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the Network Adaptor.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the default device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet driver problem

1. Ethernet driver problem - Similar Threads - Ethernet driver problem

2. Ethernet Network 2 Driver Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Network 2 Driver Problems: I have been dealing with a network driver issue on Windows 10 where anytime my network is shown as Network 2 i get limited access to the internet. Some websites work fine but other's will not load. I am then forced to reinstall drivers, disable and enable the drivers, or have...
  3. Ethernet Network 2 Driver Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network 2 Driver Problems: I have been dealing with a network driver issue on Windows 10 where anytime my network is shown as Network 2 i get limited access to the internet. Some websites work fine but other's will not load. I am then forced to reinstall drivers, disable and enable the drivers, or have...
  4. Ethernet Network 2 Driver Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with driver for ethernet and wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with driver for ethernet and wireless adapter: I have already tried a lot of fixes. I disabled and the enabled the drives in device management, I have uninstalled the software and restarted the pc, and I even tried to update the drivers from a USB. This started after I went onto my omen command center its an hp omen...
  6. Ethernet Driver.

Ethernet Driver.: Hi guys. Can anyone help me understand why I don't have an Ethernet network driver on my laptop? I had it before Where can I find the newest one and download it? My laptop is Acer Switch Alpha 12...
  7. Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers: Hey everyone, first post here. Unfortunately it's from my phone. Today I started my computer and noticed it wasn't connected to the internet, although multiple other devises in my home were working fine. It seems to be a problem with the Ethernet port (Intel i218-v) on my...
  8. Ethernet Drivers

Ethernet Drivers: Hey all, so on the 29.01.19 Windows performed an automatic update when I shut down, and the next time I logged in the Ethernet Adapters we're gone / not working. I have attempted to re-install These, delete them and re-install, attempted a factory reset, Nothing works....
  9. Ethernet Problems

Ethernet Problems: Hi, I have installed Windows10 Education I am having internet problems. When I start the computer the internet connection works just fine it mostly goes down after like 15-20 minutes. When I troubleshoot it the message "local area connection doesn't have a valid IP...
  10. Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter: I have been using windows 10 for past few months. Internet was working fine with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi till yesterday. Today when I turned on Laptop , both of them stopped working. Problems found by Troubleshooter : * there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi...