Windows 10: Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...

Discus and support Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I had to reinstall the RealTek Ethernet driver on my Windows 10 [1803] 64 Bit V5.3 2019 machine The device manager shows the status as "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mahesh Subrmaniam, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...

Hi,

I had to reinstall the RealTek Ethernet driver on my Windows 10 [1803] 64 Bit V5.3 2019 machine

The device manager shows the status as "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

I do not have any VPN connection

I disabled Anit virus and tried installing the driver and still got the same error

Any suggestion to resolve the issue

Thanks

:)

Mahesh Subrmaniam, Sep 27, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for... install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for... pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for... select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for... Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Error: "SD storage class controller has a driver problem" on tablet running Windows 10

Hi Denis,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your tablet?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?

If you are able to boot the operating system to desktop, try few of the troubleshooting steps below if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 3: I suggest you to you to refer to: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows
    check for the respective error code if found any on the Device Manger and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of SD storage class controller driver problem for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...

Ethernet not working after upgrading to Windows 10 Error: Ethernet'' doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check:

Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall Ethernet driver

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.

• Click View on the Menu bar and select Show hidden devices.

• Locate Network Adapter and expand the same.

• Right-click on Ethernet adapter and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Also, download and install the latest network drivers from the manufacturer website.
    Method 2

Change the IP configuration settings to automatic and check.

You may follow these steps to change the settings to automatic.

• Right click on the Network icon on the right bottom of the screen.

• Click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on Change adapter settings on the left pane.

• Right click on Ethernet.

• Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP v4).

• Click on properties and check the following options:
      a) Obtain IP address automatically. b) Obtain DNS server address automatically.
      c) Click OK to save and close this window.

• Highlight Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP v6).

• Click on properties and check the following options:
      a) Obtain IP v6 address automatically. b) Obtain DNS server address automatically.
      c) Click OK to save and close this window.

You may also contact the Internet Service provider for further assistance.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...

1. Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for... - Similar Threads - Ethernet driver thrwing

2. Windows error Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows error Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56: Windows version: Windows 10 Home 21H2 Build 19044.2130WIFI Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network AdapterHi,I was using my laptop and then I restarted it,When it booted back into Windows, my WIFI was broken. WIFI was disabled when clicking the tray icon.I tried...
  3. Windows error Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows error Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56: Windows version: Windows 10 Home 21H2 Build 19044.2130WIFI Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network AdapterHi,I was using my laptop and then I restarted it,When it booted back into Windows, my WIFI was broken. WIFI was disabled when clicking the tray icon.I tried...
  4. Windows error Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. code 56 after driver...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. code 56 after driver...: Yesterday I was turning my laptop off and got the driver power state BSOD. My PC turned back on and I just turned it off again not think much about it and went to sleep. Today morning i turned my PC on and noticed my internet isnt working. The troubleshot tool told me its...
  6. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56: Hi, My windows 10 system was working fine, but after windows update, TAP-Windows Provider V9 network not able to reinstall. TAP network Adapter failed to configure with message "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56" Same network...
  7. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device: I was using a realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller without any issues.One day when I came to use it for connecting to my wifi.It appeared irresponsive and when i checked it in the device manager, it showed me the error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...
  8. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code-56)

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code-56): I was using a D-LINK dwa-131 nano n usb wifi adapter for the last 6 months. Yesterday i tried to update the driver for the adapter. I downloaded the drivers from http://us.dlink.com/products/connect/wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter/ After the successful installation, the...
  9. windows is still setting up the class configuration of this device.

windows is still setting up the class configuration of this device.: Both my network cards ( wired and wireless) and my Bluetooth adapter shows the same error. How it happened:- i installed vm-ware and wanted to bridge the vm i created to my LAN adapter...but it threw an error saying that "there are no unbridged network adapters" this was...
  10. New motherboard but still have "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New motherboard but still have "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...: My old motherboard was going - not reading HDDs, sound failure, network failure, so I bought a new motherboard. Everything else works again, but I still don't have network back. I am running: MSI A320M motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 1500X CPU 8 GB RAM Windows 10 v1803 When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows all network adapters setting up class configuration

2. KB4517211 ethernet