Windows 10: Ethernet Drop Outs

Discus and support Ethernet Drop Outs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks For a few weeks now I've been having a number of issues with my LAN connection dropping out on me. It happens every five minutes or so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarkWedge, May 2, 2019.

1. DarkWedge Win User

Ethernet Drop Outs

Hi folks

For a few weeks now I've been having a number of issues with my LAN connection dropping out on me.

It happens every five minutes or so, for about a minute at a time. I've done troubleshooting on my router and there is no issue here, it's worth noting that wireless devices do not drop out. The router is not the issue.

I have also updated all relevant drivers for my hardware, and this also fails to resolve the issue. I know from speaking to some colleagues at work they have also had similar problems, and there appears to be quite a few old support posts being revisited in relation to this issue.

So does anyone from the community have a fix for this, because I've tried desperately all the things I can think of and nothing has worked. Frankly when I'm trying to game online and chat with friends or watch content on YouTube etc. the frequent drops are a complete pain.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

:)

DarkWedge, May 2, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Wifi contantly dropping out

Hi,

We appreciate the detailed information that you have provided. Since you were able to verify that other devices are not experiencing the same issue, we'll need to elaborate the issue further. Kindly answer the questions listed below:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?
    • Is this the
      article
      that you visited for troubleshooting steps?
    • When your connection is dropping out have you checked the status of your network connection? If so, is it changing when the connection drops?

For initial troubleshooting, we recommend that you connect your laptop to your router using your Ethernet cable. This is for us to isolate the issue further.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, May 2, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 2, 2019
  4. JS Melb Win User

Ethernet Drop Outs

Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power

Hi all,

My internet drops out if the computer is not connected to power.

Running the trouble shooter suggests that an ethernet cable is unplugged.

But I am connected to wifi?

JS Melb, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet Drop Outs

1. Ethernet Drop Outs - Similar Threads - Ethernet Drop Outs

2. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  3. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  4. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem

Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem: I have a very strange problem where randomly, perhaps once a day, my web browsers and email will fail to retrieve data from the net, yet other minor services e.g. Telegram messenger continues to be connected. Windows 10 network settings shows the connection to be working and...
  6. Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins

Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins: Hi, I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this issue. The issue occurring is that the ethernet adaptor will completely drop out, leaving me without network/internet access. Its only affects my windows 10 pro PC, all other devices in the house are unaffected. This problem...
  7. Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins

in Windows 10 Support
    Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins: Hi, I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this issue. The issue occurring is that the ethernet adaptor will completely drop out, leaving me without network/internet access. Its only affects my windows 10 pro PC, all other devices in the house are unaffected. This problem...
  8. Ethernet connection drops

Ethernet connection drops: I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which...
  9. Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops: I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every...
  10. Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping

Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping: Hi Guys, After updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my Ethernet adapter is intermittently dropping my connection. I have another machine exactly the same specs and it is not happening on the machine. The Ethernet adapter is a [img] Has anyone experienced an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log ethernet drop outs