Windows 10: Ethernet fault on motherboard

Discus and support Ethernet fault on motherboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title suggest really my Ethernet on my motherboard has randomly started to drop connection or sometimes it just wont connect to the net at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by briand88, Sep 20, 2020.

1. briand88 Win User

Ethernet fault on motherboard

As the title suggest really my Ethernet on my motherboard has randomly started to drop connection or sometimes it just wont connect to the net at all so I restart it and sometimes it works. Failing that I have to use a WiFi dongle connected via USB. When Ethernet cables connected I get the identifying network thing I the bottom right in the taskbar sometimes it says connected no internet access or other times it says theres no Ethernet cable connected to the computer.

I have tried laptops on the port on the wall which connect no problem so its not the network connection on the wall in my office thats faulty.

I have tried different cables still the same issue sometimes it works sometimes it doesent.

Tried disabling re-enabling the network adapter.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the network adaptor.

Driver updates on the adaptor nothing seems to worm so my theory is the mobo is about 4 years old now and the port has developed a fault somewhere.

So I bought a new PCI Ethernet card capable of upto 1Gbps speed installed it installed the driver its max speed is 10mbps.

Tried changing the speed duplex from auto to full duplex 1Gbps still 10mbps on speed test even after restarting the pc to.

Any ideas on a fix for either issue either the original Ethernet or the new Ethernet card?

Thanks

Brian

:)

briand88, Sep 20, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet fault on motherboard [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Sep 20, 2020
  3. worf105 Win User
    Motherboard Fault

Update:

• I have stripped this PC down and checked any and all possible broken connections and tracks and the like and none was found.
    • Eliminated the chance of shorts in the system and am confidant that their are none.
    • Looked at the DIMM slots to see if any connection was damaged and none was found.
    • Delidded the CPU again and cleaned and relidded also checking that their was no bent of fault in the CPU substrate, none found.
    • Flashed several older BIOS's (Known to work) but none solved problem.
    • Tested the RAM modules in each slot one at a time and any of the two stick will only boot the PC in slot 2 and no combination using both stick will pass the BIOS Mem test so no boot.

My conclusion is that something went wrong with the motherboard.*Confused

worf105, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Ethernet fault on motherboard

Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet fault on motherboard

1. Ethernet fault on motherboard - Similar Threads - Ethernet fault motherboard

2. Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change: Hi, i recently changed my motherboard to a msi z590 and when i try to open windows it gets to the login screen and says pin not available. My ethernet is plugged in and the lights on the motherboard indicate its working fine. I tried typing in my password which i know for a...
  3. Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change: Hi, i recently changed my motherboard to a msi z590 and when i try to open windows it gets to the login screen and says pin not available. My ethernet is plugged in and the lights on the motherboard indicate its working fine. I tried typing in my password which i know for a...
  4. Problems with ethernet and wifi after motherboard and cpu change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ethernet fault on motherboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet fault on motherboard: As the title suggest really my Ethernet on my motherboard has randomly started to drop connection or sometimes it just wont connect to the net at all so I restart it and sometimes it works. Failing that I have to use a WiFi dongle connected via USB. When Ethernet cables...
  6. a fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a fault: can not reach the page! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-fault/7d1aba52-b729-477e-a92e-060923b2f0ab
  7. Just replaced my motherboard and now I cant' connect to ethernet.

Just replaced my motherboard and now I cant' connect to ethernet.: Howdy Y'all, I just built a new pc to replace my old one. I've got a gigabyte B450M DS3H rev 1.0 running a ryzen 5 2600 with 8 gb of ram. I had a hard drive that I had in my old system that I just plugged in and started. The system booted fine, I updated the bios and the...
  8. Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V on Z390 motherboard

Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V on Z390 motherboard: Why does Windows 10 v1809 not include inbox LAN drivers for Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V on my new ASUS Z390 motherboard. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail USB drive which contains v1809 and after a clean install it prompted me to connect to Wi-Fi even when the LAN cable...
  9. Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard installing ethernet driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard installing ethernet driver for Windows 10: Hi everyone! Need help in installing ethernet driver for my motherboard Z77 Extreme 4. I went on Asrock website but there is no lan driver available for download. I am about to upgrade my OS to win 10 today - but now I am wondering if this is a good decision. Thank you so...
  10. New Motherboard - Ethernet port LEDs don't turn on.

New Motherboard - Ethernet port LEDs don't turn on.: In my previous mobo, the ethernet port's green and orange LEDs would always be lit. Even if the computer was powered off. But i noticed that this new mobo doesn't do this. I connected the network cable, but LEDs won't turn on. Is there something wrong? 52889