Windows 10: Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop

Discus and support Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The ethernet for my desktop frequently stops working, while other devices on the internet still work. This issue sometimes solves itself or needs me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RageMeatBall, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop

The ethernet for my desktop frequently stops working, while other devices on the internet still work. This issue sometimes solves itself or needs me to restart the wifi modem. Even after fixing the issue it frequently comes back and would need me to restart the whole process again. I was wondering if there is a solution to fix this.

:)

RageMeatBall, Aug 9, 2019
  2. trt740 Win User

ethernet adapter stopped working?

I don't really think it is functioning unless when it is lit that means it is there is a cable detection program in the bios and it isn't working right so owell bought a 12.00 gigabit ethernet card from the egg. I will rma it in a year or so if I get a new board. So I can sell it without any flaws and who knows maybe it will majically start working again.

trt740, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 9, 2019
  4. limons Win User

Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop

New build, all works but ethernet

Anyway everything works fine except for the ethernet port. Under device manager it is listed as "Ethernet Controller", under the category of "unknown devices" (along with several other unknown devices).

limons, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop

1. Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop - Similar Threads - Ethernet frequently stops

2. Ethernet randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet randomly stopped working: I've been using the ethernet connection with no problems and it suddenly stopped working. I have reset the router, the ethernet and my PC and done a network reset but nothing has worked. The main error code i have been receiving is "ethernet doesn't have a valid IP...
  3. Ethernet randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet randomly stopped working: I've been using the ethernet connection with no problems and it suddenly stopped working. I have reset the router, the ethernet and my PC and done a network reset but nothing has worked. The main error code i have been receiving is "ethernet doesn't have a valid IP...
  4. Ethernet randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet suddenly stopped working

Ethernet suddenly stopped working: My ethernet cable recently stopped working. My wireless internet still works and it says that the ethernet cable is working but I can’t load into anything. I have tried to follow other guides on youtube but couldn’t find a solution. Please help....
  6. Ethernet Stops Working

Ethernet Stops Working: Hello. Sometimes when i'm using my PC my Ethernet just stops working. But just randomly, it stops working a few minutes after i started Origin wich is not good sinc i cant play my Origin Games then. I dont know why this keeps happening. Pls give me a solutuion if you have...
  7. Ethernet stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet stopped working: I have insider build 20236 and since update my ethernet has stopped working. I have diagnosed my network controller and reset the network several times. It also crashes a lot with the following, Driver irql not less or equal, tcpip tcpip.sys. Gigabyte MB. exact build 20236rs...
  8. Ethernet completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet completely stopped working: W10 pro 64b build 18363 So I was playing warzone when my ping spiked to 1000... game crashed due to the internet, then I restarted my pc and I got a blank screen. Opened task manager and restarted explorer.exe. This did not help but I kept spamming the restart button and...
  9. My Desktop stopped working.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Desktop stopped working.: My Desktop stopped working. When I Turn it on the PC Squeels from the Speaker and the On Light Normally Blue Flashes Red. I was Running Windows 10 and it is a HPZ210. The computer works with a different Hard drive from another computer. I Don't have the Doc's with the Comp so...
  10. Ethernet stopped working?

Ethernet stopped working?: My ethernet cord that I have been using for a couple of months just stopped working today. I don't know how to fix it. The outlet in both my computer and the wall usually lights up when its plugged in but neither of them are so I don't know what the problem is 70345