Windows 10: Ethernet goes down when downloading large files >100 MB

Discus and support Ethernet goes down when downloading large files >100 MB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the Wi-Fi signal on my room is very weak, I use an ethernet cable alongside a D-Link adapter to connect to the router via ethernet. This works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr Capsy, May 4, 2021.

1. Mr Capsy Win User

Ethernet goes down when downloading large files >100 MB

Since the Wi-Fi signal on my room is very weak, I use an ethernet cable alongside a D-Link adapter to connect to the router via ethernet. This works fine, except for a very particular situation: whenever I try to download a "large file" from the web over 100 MB, or let's say update my GeForce Game Ready Driver, or any game more generally, for any kind of larger download, the internet on my laptop goes down after a few seconds, and stays down for about 1 minute or so. This sometimes cancels the download itself, at least on the ubuntu system on windows10, the internet goes down, but once it

:)

Mr Capsy, May 4, 2021

2. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2021
  3. how to download more than 100 mb files from my carrier network

How to download more than 100 mb files without having a wifi in my house or in nearby areas

siddahiya001, May 4, 2021
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Ethernet goes down when downloading large files >100 MB - Similar Threads - Ethernet goes down

2. Internet disables when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disables when downloading large files: Summary of the problem:Browsing the internet, watching movies, and chatting works fine.Playing online games usually doesn't cause an issue, but sometimes do.The main issue starts when I download large files over the internet.For example, a large video file via Google drive or...
  3. Internet disables when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disables when downloading large files: Summary of the problem:Browsing the internet, watching movies, and chatting works fine.Playing online games usually doesn't cause an issue, but sometimes do.The main issue starts when I download large files over the internet.For example, a large video file via Google drive or...
  4. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  5. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  6. Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files: Hey guys.Whenever I download large files such as games my internet disconnects, even though it does not say disconnected in the internet tray. It's happened to me multiple times if I'm downloading via Epic Games, Steam, or just Chrome. The only change I've made is disabling...
  7. Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files: Hey guys.Whenever I download large files such as games my internet disconnects, even though it does not say disconnected in the internet tray. It's happened to me multiple times if I'm downloading via Epic Games, Steam, or just Chrome. The only change I've made is disabling...
  8. Wifi goes out/disconnects whenever downloading "large" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files: Every time I download a large file my Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 PC drops. Saying "default gateway not available" in the troubleshooter. This always gets fixed on a pc restart, but it is very inconvenient to restart every time I update a game or download something...
  10. Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on an Acer Predator 17 laptop. I use a gigabit wired internet connection. When I download a large file, like an .iso file, my computer experience horrible lag. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?...