Windows 10: Ethernet internet speed is slow

Discus and support Ethernet internet speed is slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JadenLay, Mar 20, 2020.

1. JadenLay Win User

Ethernet internet speed is slow

My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 400+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am only getting internet speeds of 150 Mbps so it is not the cable or the router. The motherboard is an Asus Strix b450 f gaming and the ethernet is an intel I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN controller so it should support up to a gigabit network connection which is far above what I am getting. I have checked to make sure all the drivers are installed and updated to the latest versions but this did not help. In the driver network properties, speed and duplex is set to Auto-negotiation, I have also tried setting it to 1.0 Gbps full-duplex but this did not help so I changed it back to auto. I also have flow control set to Rx & Tx Enabled. When running the tests no programs were using the network in any major way. I have tested the network on both the speedtest by ookla app, I have tested on their website, and I have tested on the spectrum site using the ookla test. Motherboard bios is also updated to the latest version.

:)

JadenLay, Mar 20, 2020

2. internet speed slows down

Hi Barry,

Having an outdated Ethernet card driver, faulty Ethernet cable, and outdated modem firmware are a few factors that affect the internet speed. If you have a spare Ethernet cable, then I suggest replacing the one you're using to determine if its the cable
    that's causing your internet speed to slow down.

You may also update the driver of your Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet card. If the issue is triggered by having an outdated driver, then you can have Windows to search automatically for updated driver software to help fix and address the problem. Kindly check
    out Update drivers in Windows 10 and follow the steps provided in updating the drivers.

If the above steps won't help, then I recommend that you get in touch with the WOW support team to check the modem. Since they're your Internet Service Provider, then they are the appropriate support to look into the modem and perform necessary updates or
    troubleshooting on the device.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Ethernet internet speed is slow

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet internet speed is slow

1. Ethernet internet speed is slow - Similar Threads - Ethernet internet speed

2. Slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speed: Why my HP Notebook - 15-ac123tx catches slow internet speed 10mbps while on other laptop it catches max speed 30mbps at same wifi router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed/f12c2763-a978-40bf-905b-d2acfe3a1bab
  3. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  4. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  5. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Slow Ethernet Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Ethernet Speed: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 500+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...
  7. slow internet speed

slow internet speed: have a question my network adapter only getting 17mbps download i got 100mbps internet i tried replacing the cord and had cable company come out and see whats wrong everything else in the house is getting 100mbps my laptop and phone and Xbox one all got 100mbps i tried...
  8. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  9. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a
  10. Ethernet Speeds Slow!

Ethernet Speeds Slow!: Alright, my router is in my living room, my windows 10 computer is connected to the internet via ethernet. After connecting it it from my living room, all the way to my room down a very long hallway, a kitchen and then my room, the connection was terrible. My ping was 183 ms,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus b450 f slow ethernet