Windows 10: Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps

Discus and support Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I put my device to sleep, the ethernet connection is disabled on wake up. I have to diagnose the connection in order to get it working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SimonOfAllTrades, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps

Everytime I put my device to sleep, the ethernet connection is disabled on wake up. I have to diagnose the connection in order to get it working. (troubleshooter says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration). Anyone know how to fix this problem?

submitted by /u/SimonOfAllTrades
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SimonOfAllTrades, Mar 24, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 24, 2021
  3. BcTorq Win User
    Disable ethernet

Hello Comdervids, My name is Brian. I am an independent advisor and Windows 10 user. After reading your question, I am understanding it as you want to disable your ethernet port in order to remove it from the connections list.

To do this follow these simple steps below.

1. Right-click the wifi icon at the bottom right where the date and time are located on the taskbar.

2. Click open Network & Internet settings

3. Select Ethernet on the left

4. Right-click the port you want to disable

5. Click disable

Done!

That's it, it's that simple.

Best of luck and feel free to respond if I can be of further assistance.

Brian

BcTorq, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps

1. Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps - Similar Threads - Ethernet disabled every

2. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day: It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't know what's wrong. I did a dns flush, renew and I also did a reset on my internet settings but nothing worked. I'm getting...
  3. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day: It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't know what's wrong. I did a dns flush, renew and I also did a reset on my internet settings but nothing worked. I'm getting...
  4. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.: I don't think it starts on boot, just when it wakes up. It's not in any startup lists, in settings or task manager at least, I've probably checked elsewhere though. It's really weird, I can't seem to find any setting in Word itself, and Google isn't helping me. I don't recall...
  6. Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word opens every time my computer wakes from sleep.: I don't think it starts on boot, just when it wakes up. It's not in any startup lists, in settings or task manager at least, I've probably checked elsewhere though. It's really weird, I can't seem to find any setting in Word itself, and Google isn't helping me. I don't recall...
  7. Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection

Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection: Hi,For the past few months, sleep mode has been disabling the ethernet connection on two PCs both connected to the same router through wired ethernet connection. A simple disable/enable on ethernet in the network connections settings page re-enables the connection. Display...
  8. Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on.

Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on.: I can fix this issue by pressing the troubleshoot button where I think it just resets the connection. this is fine but it is really annoying having to do it so often. I use a powerline, and this issue has been around for a month or two. Iv tried some online fixes but none...
  9. BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?: My computer has been getting BSOD every time it goes to sleep for the last month and I don't know what to do. I have updated drivers, but nothing seems to work. I attached a MSinfo export and the last three minidumps. There were no changes made to the computer the day the...
  10. Bluetooth mouse disabled every time computer restarted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse disabled every time computer restarted: I have a Bluetooth mouse connected via an Insignia Bluetooth receiver. It used to stay connected and would be available upon computer restart. But in the past few weeks, it is now always disabled upon computer restart. I can enable it in settings, but it doesn't stay enabled...