Windows 10: Ethernet isn't working but wireless is

Discus and support Ethernet isn't working but wireless is in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been unable to get my Ethernet to connect all day (I need it for meetings and gaming) though my WiFi works just fine. I've tried just about every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spreadnparanoia, May 1, 2019.

1. Ethernet isn't working but wireless is

I've been unable to get my Ethernet to connect all day (I need it for meetings and gaming) though my WiFi works just fine. I've tried just about every solution I can find including resetting my modem, checking my network properties, updating my drivers, disabling fast startup mode and running various command prompts but I'm still showing an Unidentified Network with no internet access. Any advice?

:)

spreadnparanoia, May 1, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 1, 2019
  3. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, May 1, 2019
  4. sgage Win User

Ethernet isn't working but wireless is

Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet isn't working but wireless is

1. Ethernet isn't working but wireless is - Similar Threads - Ethernet isn't working

2. Ethernet isn't working on PC!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet isn't working on PC!: Hi... Need a bit of help because I am stumped! Right! Let's get through this real quick. I know for sure the hardware isn't the issue e.x. Ethernet Port/Modem. I tried to flush my DNS and Reset my Modem and Network. Troubleshoot Claims that my modem is to blame. That it's...
  3. Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?: I have tried a bunch of things like,Restarting my computerDownloading a driver more on that belowTroubleshootingEnabling Wi-Fi in "View Internet Connections"Going through Device Managerand probably more that I forgot about.My computer is a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx with a...
  4. Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet isn't working nor showing up?: I have tried a bunch of things like,Restarting my computerDownloading a driver more on that belowTroubleshootingEnabling Wi-Fi in "View Internet Connections"Going through Device Managerand probably more that I forgot about.My computer is a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx with a...
  5. network, ethernet, wireless

network, ethernet, wireless: hello all, im having trouble with internet connections on my pc. ethernet says unidentified network, "ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration" which started out of the blue, was working fine, and then nothing. and my wifi doesnt even appear under networks. under device...
  6. Ethernet Cable Isn't working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Cable Isn't working: I have a brand new PC that I've been using fora couple weeks now and this is the first issue I'm having with it. This afternoon everything was fine, but after coming home from work 30 minutes ago my computer acts like my ethernet cable isn't even plugged in. The wifi works on...
  7. Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working

Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working: I've been trying to work through this issue for about a week now. My ethernet is shows it is connected, but is unable to open any web pages or actually show a connection. I have tried: Running Network Diagnostics (multiple/differing errors every time, and sometimes no...
  8. My wireless keyboard isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My wireless keyboard isn't working: My wireless keyboard is not responding to my touch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-keyboard-isnt-working/b7e42176-13c3-4245-8579-9741c93e5a0a
  9. Networking ethernet and wireless

Networking ethernet and wireless: Hi I have a desktop connected by ethernet cable from which I can see the laptop when opening Network, but the wireless laptop just shows media icons from the desktop. The desktop uses Network 2 name while the laptop uses the Telstra numbers from the modem connection. IP...
  10. Ethernet vs. wireless

Ethernet vs. wireless: Is there such a thing as a 5 Ghz Ethernet card, or is just 5 Ghz wireless? 67156